COMPLETED: 12 Days of Christmas Swap - Send Out 12/3/21

We are at our new home in Kansas!

As a kid, I made a lot of paper chains. I also did paper plate angels and wreaths. My sunday school teacher was a little extra and had us kids paint ceramic ornaments one year.

3 Likes

Both, I usually plan out some and then while making more come to mind and there are always some that have no plans and just form

1 Like

mostly just christmas baking or whatever we did at school for crafts.

1 Like

ā€œGrandma greatā€ is so cute

2 Likes

My grandma was a great-great grandma before she passed away. We called her great grandma great. I suggested we just call her awesome. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Grandma great is really cute! I hope to be a grandma someday. My kids call their paternal grandparents Papaw and Mamaw because their older cousin started it and itā€™s common in our area. My dadā€™s parents I didnā€™t get to know well, but they were oma and opa because my cousins have a German mom.

Mr. Lynxā€™s oldest neice just started college, and depending on when/if she starts a family (hopefully after!), there is a good possibility of 5 generations on the paternal, possibly maternal as well, side of his family. Everyone lives close enough to meet and have those pictures.

In swap news, I think my mind is cleared enough on my marching band vp duties for now to switch gears and think crafting again.

@bugaboo and I are finding a lot of similarities from our backgrounds, and itā€™s been nice to chat about that!

3 Likes

@Lynx it really hasā€¦you really never know how much you have in common with people! we may meet or never meet in person but we really get to know one another! This is what I love about swaps!

I recall when I was little I bought my one grandmother a card, now this is my very vain grandmother who didnā€™t like being called Mother/Grandmother as it was a sign of age, sheā€™s also the one who changed her age 3 times on federal documents and she would also travel with sanitary products in her train case on flights at age 70 still because she felt if her luggage was checked they would know she was a young lady and not an old woman :woman_facepalming:t5: Imagine her horror when I hand her a card that says ā€œGreat Grandmotherā€ because as a small kid I just thought that meant Hey youā€™re a great person grandma :joy: :joy: :joy:

Traditions ran deep in my family growing up, its more like if you watch Yenta and theyā€™re screaming ā€œtraditionā€ at you! At home there were weā€™ll say phases of some craft sewing to make ornaments and baking of cookies, but, really not much. The tradition really lay with the overall family and not my mother.

3 Likes

My memory is vague, but I do recall making ornaments out of old Christmas cards. Thrifty!

So many of the cards had glitter, snowy scenes, and winter birds - always weird to me, because Christmas is summer!! Childhood Christmas time usually involved swimming and sunburn.

4 Likes

I finished a fourth item last night. Iā€™m one third of the way there. :tada:

Iā€™m heading out now to get a few supplies I need for some of the other projects I have planned. And I will start looking for pretty paper to wrap in, though I may have to wait a bit longer on that :grin:

4 Likes

Hmmā€¦ not a lot of holiday traditions in my family, which is partly why I make such a big deal about Christmas now.

When I lived with my grandma though she would always make candy and cookies around Christmas. Stained glass, fudge, peanut butter cookies, and more.

2 Likes

I started on ______ tonight and Iā€™m really happy with how itā€™s turning out! I might have to make one for myself too!

1 Like

I just finished___________ several items. I now have six done. Six to go, then wrap and number. And then wait to send for a while :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Wow! Nice job. I have 1 done! :grin:

3 Likes

I had a supply turn up to make a thing. Happy days.

1 Like

I have 1 done, 1 in progress and of course gathered supplies for more!!! Its getting nippy here at night so starting to feel like fall and time for Christmas craftiness!

Just made an item! Purchased supplies for another idea-hope it works out! A supply I ordered should arrive soon! I found a super great purchased item, today, too.

4 Likes

Well I believe I am done with the purchased items! Not that it was a difficult task LOL Now its all the crafting and continued inspirations for more!

3 Likes

got some steady progress happening on my first super-large item. (if iā€™m counting the hours in it so farā€¦haha!!) hoping to get both larges out of the way before the end of sept and a few more of them at least in progress!! my plans on What To Make keep changingā€¦

4 Likes

Now that my crafting area is unpacked and somewhat set up, I can make some progress with this swap.

3 Likes

After being lost for a couple weeks, my cro-jo came back today so I made ______ and Iā€™m really happy with how it turned out!

4 Likes