COMPLETED - Choose your own adventure kitchen swap! closed - sendouts 27 may 2022

our gallery!!

come join us for the choose your own adventure kitchen swap with two commitment levels to participate -
with the default being anyone who might not get a match for the bigger option being bumped down to the smaller option if we dont get an even number of swappers at the same interest levels.
you can either craft:
A - ONE medium kitchen item.
or
B - THREE medium kitchen items and extras if partners agree to it between themselves.

Swap name:choose your own adventure kitchen swap
Lettuce Craft member who is organizing this swap:mel
Sign-up date range:15-29 apr
Send out Date:27 may 2022
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional) no

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? no

Additional Age requirement? no

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: this is the only one
Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO

Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO

Has posted a comment in this thread and will check regularly for swap updates YES/NO
If within the US, understands that Tracking number is required for this swap: YES/NO
If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Name of Swap: choose your own adventure kitchen swap
Option A (one medium item only) or Option B (three medium items, plus optional extras to be agreed upon between you and your partner):
LC name:
Your real name:
Mailing address:

3 Favourite colours:
least favourite colours :

anything you would absolutely LOVE to have:

anything you would not like:

Extras or no extras? (You can discuss with your partner.)
Any allergies?
Any allergens in your home?

anything else you want your partner to know?

(special thanks to @Magpie - i snagged your pic from the personal swap thread…i just did a reset on my phone and lost EVERYTHING!!!)

and i am sure i’ve forgotten SOMETHING…its been awhile since i’ve organized anything online, but if i anything is glaringly absent, please let me know!!

10 Likes

participants:
mel
@endymion
@Kwality570
@geekgirl
@Annchen
partners:
@endymion - @geekgirl
mel - @Kwality570
mel - @Annchen

SENT
@Kwality570
@mel
@endymion
@geekgirl
@Annchen

RECEIVED
endymion from geekgirl
mel from kwailty570
geekgirl from endymion

1 Like

Very tempted. I’m sure I will be joining in!

3 Likes

I’ll definitely be joining in for this one! I think it’ll be a fun one, for sure!

2 Likes

I can always use kitchen things!

2 Likes

what are your favourite kitchen things to make/get?

i love making dishcloths…nice instant gratification projects that are super useful.

right now i’m working my way through kitchen kaleidescope, one dishcloth at a time.

4 Likes

What a cool book!

Over the years, I’ve enjoyed making a lot of pot holders, dish cloths and dish scrubbies.

Have been gifted some wonderful tea towels, pot holders, and crochet-topped kitchen towels. (Those mainly from my grandma.)

3 Likes

my second favourite kitchen thing is def towels. my latest favourite free pattern to use is the big mouth.

I am considering this one too!

Just brainstorming here’s a list of things that I was thinking could be medium-ish
Cutting board
Spoon rest
wooden spoons
Towels
Dishcloths
Reusable paper towels/napkins
Butter dish
Canister/ utensil caddy
Cheese plate
Fridge magnets
Chip clips
Mug tree/hooks
Stir sticks
Tea cozy
K cup organizer

Some of them may be considered larges of course but I was just throwing around ideas. And some cheaper and easier to send as well.

Any other ideas?

8 Likes

That really is a cool book @mel

I’ve not really used knitted dishcloths before…do you use them to wash the dishes? How do you dry them? (I realise that these sound like ridiculous questions :see_no_evil: )

2 Likes

not a ridiculous question. you most definitely can use them for washing dishes (some people also like them for facecloths, depending on the pattern, i suppose).

you can either hang them up to dry, or i just put them through the laundry like normal washing.

i gave my m.i.l. one of these almost lost washcloth pattern and she seems to want to use it like a doily. whatever floats her boat, i suppose…lolz

3 Likes

I love cotton dishcloths. Both making and receiving. I tend to like smaller ones. I have small hands and larger ones make me feel like I’m washing dishes with a towel lol.

I crochet and like dishcloths to try out new stitches.

I really like that big mouth towel!

3 Likes

I have some someone made me 8-9 years ago. I use them all the time.

3 Likes

I love your list, @curiousfae!

I just submitted my questionnaire and I have a few things that are on my list but weren’t on yours:
hanging dishtowels (for over the oven handle)
potholders
microwave bowl holders
tea wallet

4 Likes

oh, I definitely need to try making that pattern! I was on a dishcloth knitting kick years ago, but haven’t made one in ages

2 Likes

A couple of tawashi (dish scrubbies)
Utensil rolls to store silverware
Chopstick roll for bringing reusable chopsticks or reusable cutlery on the go
Bag for carrying a lunchbox
Hmm… set of coasters?
Kitchen themed wall art
Mug cozy
Reusable tea bags
Oh, maybe one of those jars with all the dry ingredients for cookies. Tricky to ship, but might be fun.

3 Likes

this one just showed up in my ravelry pattern highlights:

2 Likes

signups close on the 29th, so if you are sitting on that fence, come on down and join us!!! two options to play.

also. does your kitchen have a theme/style? or what colour is it, if thats easier to say…

mine is green (shocking, i know!!), with cream cabinets that we painted last spring (needs another coat and to be sealed)

1 Like

here are some other ideas

trivet/hot pad
bowl covers
mug rug
reuseable liner for recycleables
decorated mug
placemats
cloth napkins

1 Like

Those non-stick pan protectors.
Un-paper towels
Did someone say tea cosy? @Edel , I know that’s on your wish list :kissing_heart:
Table runner?
I like this cute Gnome tea towel topper @roler made.

4 Likes