Kitchen swap gallery

we have a sender, so now we have a gallery!! post your fantastic fantasticness here!!!

5 Likes

I received a wonderful swap package from @geekgirl today! Not one but TWO Swiffer covers.

I immediately put the green one to use, and it works like a dream. My kitchen floor thanks you.
And so do I — Thanks so much! I love them and they will be well-used!

9 Likes

I love the bumpy textures of those!

3 Likes

These are really beautiful!

3 Likes

I love the texture, too! What stitch is it, @geekgirl?

2 Likes

Oooo things I didn’t even know I needed! I might need to make some of these

5 Likes

those are awesome!! guess which one i love best? the green one, of course!!

3 Likes

look what @Kwality570 sent me!! (i also cannot believe how quickly this got here!!)

check out this most fantastic trivet (you are right, the blue is a good complement!!) - that she dyed!!! and the dishcloth that’s as black as my soul!! i really should try to get a better pic or the stitch pattern on that…its so pretty!! i dont know if you can see it that well.

so yes!!! thank you for the great package and i will not be putting that trivet out unless there is something on it, otherwise i am sure that wicked cat will think its hers. and its mine. not hers.

c

6 Likes

That trivet is GORGEOUS! Yarn colors are so pretty! And I had to laugh about the dishcloth comment. Great swap package!

1 Like

I definitely plan on making some for myself. Using bits of left over yarn.

It’s called a crunch stitch. It’s a half double crochet, slip stitch alternated all the way across.

Pretty much using this method but using hdc, slip, etc instead of sc, dc, etc.

3 Likes

I got my package from @endymion !

Beeswax wraps. With a cute selection of fabric! A cute notecard and some cool buttons.

And these gorgeous napkins! I love this fabric.

Thanks @endymion

7 Likes

Such pretty yarn!

1 Like

so pretty!!! and the beeswax wraps are something that have been on My List of things to do for ages…

2 Likes

Those napkins are beautiful!

Do the wraps hold their shape in the fridge? I still have a large block of beeswax and have always wanted to make some.

1 Like

Well… the wraps were actually a fail! I used the wrong type of beeswax. The natural beeswax in a big block should work, I think. The YouTube video I was following said to melt the wax, paint the wax on, and then place other (unwaxed) fabric pieces wraps above and below. Sandwich the whole thing between 2 sheets of parchment paper, then iron (no steam). I sent some ties along, so she could secure them better.

2 Likes

what a great project, @geekgirl ! these are lovely & so functional

1 Like

@Kwality570 these are both fantastic!
and @endymion – lovely napkins! I have been wanting to try those beeswax wraps

3 Likes

Ooh! I’m just getting to the gallery to do some posting and I just saw the other packages here.

A few comments before I post my amazing discloths:

Those swiffer covers look amazing, @geekgirl Like they’d really pick up the crumbs! Much better than the stupid disposable ones.

@endymion Those beeswax wraps look awesome and those fabric napkins are to die for. The fabrics you chose are great.

I received these two awesome discloths from @mel. The texture is amazing! One is brown and red and the other is multi-colored. Both will work out great in my kitchen.

And the amazing texture close up on the multicolor one:

Thank you so much for putting together such a fun swap, Mel!

5 Likes

Oooh, I love the stitch pattern on that multicolor one, @mel!

1 Like

pretty!

1 Like