COMPLETED - TM Patch Swap- Winter 2022 (SO March 7, 2022)

@craftADDchick I just realized that the patch in the first post is one you gave me! It became part of patch bag for my mom. :blue_heart:

4 Likes

@JoyfulClover I love this display AND I spot few that I made and completely forgot about. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Iā€™m glad I could inspire such an awesome project! I love this idea.
Sadly my project stalled. It seemed so overwhelming considering sewing them all togetherā€¦.I think it was the odd shapes that were throwing me off. This totally accommodates for that without taking away from the gloriously funky shapes of some of them.
So happy to see you posted it.

7 Likes

This is so super cool! I stopped making/swapping patches after I finished my sewing machine cover but this is making me reconsiderā€¦

6 Likes

@roler - I donā€™t know how serious you were being, but the patches with less connection points DO flutter when caught by a breeze. I could have stabilized it more, by using more clips, but instead I kept them for adding more. I donā€™t have to worry about kitties, or small, grabby fingers. If I did, I probably would have installed it to go wider horizontally (vs allowing a longer vertical fall).

@curiousfae - one of the things I noticed in the TM video cADDc posted - that I had completely forgotten - was how she accommodated the random shapes by hand stitching, so in the second video, there were little ā€œwindowsā€ of blank space which I find really appealing. By either stitching to a solid surface OR by hand stitching, you could probably work around the wonky little shapes better.

After watching the video, I thought if I start getting close to running out of space, I could just wonky stitch them together, and it would be more of a patched, MAQ (mini art quilt). It would also stabilize it, roler!

Also, this makes me thinkā€¦ooohhh ā€¦MAQ swapsā€¦

@MightyMitochondria - I wrote the name of the swapper on the back of each of them! And you are definitely in attendance!

6 Likes

I need this easy, fun, swap. Itā€™s January and dark way too much of the time!

6 Likes

I sent my OWS package, so tomorrow on my breaks I can ready my questionnaire for this swap! Super excited! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::+1:

2 Likes

Yay! I just in my questionnaire for this one. :two_hearts: Canā€™t wait for partners (Although yes. I will, because I am an adult who is capable of waitingā€¦ :rofl:)

5 Likes

That patch is one of the favorite ones I have made. Iā€™m glad you were able to use it for your momā€™s bag!

1 Like

It fit PERFECTLY into the bagā€™s theme. Thank you. :heart:

1 Like

Okay, I think Iā€™m totally stealing this method of attachment (or some version of it) for my science patches. I havenā€™t stitched them together yet, because Iā€™ve been trying to work out how to fill all of the gaps (I have a collection of smaller patches started, but itā€™s not nearly enough). Something like this will work perfectly! I have a couple of magnetic hooks that I can put around the window frame (its in my classroom, so itā€™s metal), and then I can add a dowel.

So, I just took a break and checked out the clips- theyā€™re on sale, so I ordered a bunch. I also ordered a roll of chain (which may not get used) to hook the clips onto.

And, I just got access to the spreadsheet (I had it sent to the wrong email), so Iā€™ll be officially adding everyone to the swap now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh no! The clips are on clearance! Theyā€™re only 2 bucks! Iā€™m going to have to order a couple more packs, too!

Iā€™m so excited! I hope you do!! Please post it in here so we can see it! I wanna see how it turns out!!

3 Likes

I might be able to tackle it over February break. And, Iā€™ll definitely post a photo!

2 Likes

I laid mine in the floor first, so I could play with the layout and wasnā€™t struggling to do it standing in a ladder/chair.

Eeeeee!!! Iā€™m so excited to see yours!

Ā¤Ā¤Ā¤Ā¤Ā¤Ā¤Ā¤Ā¤Ā¤Ā¤

Iā€™m still working on my Q. Iā€™m always at the finish line turning it in.

4 Likes

Iā€™m going to see if my magnetic hooks will work this week. Of course, I have to clear out the area behind the window first, but it needs to be done, so itā€™s a good motivation.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t done a swap on this site yet and I think I am going to make this it. Iā€™m really looking forward to swapping again after so long away.

7 Likes

This is a great first swap! Join the party!

4 Likes

How is everyone? Getting ready for patch-making?

Iā€™ll be closing the swap up on Sunday at 6 PM EST so I can get partners out to you ASAP :slight_smile:

Soā€¦ if you havenā€™t sent in a questionnaire but plan to join, donā€™t wait too long! :smiley:

5 Likes

Iā€™m super excited! I inherited a bunch of fabric over Christmas. I can hardly wait to use some of it for patches.

3 Likes

Sadly, I havenā€™t time for a swap right now though Iā€™d like to collect some TM squares for abandonable art. Here are a couple I made with positive affirmations, itā€™s a fun thing to do with them!

4 Likes