COMPLETED-Tombstone ATC Swap SU: 8.10-8.24 SO: 9.24.22

I started a few bases while waiting for the official start…but, still trying to decide on themes.

Lol! The check in question for this week was: how are you doing. You guys are so on it, I don’t even ask…but…if you haven’t checked in yet, please do so.

1 Like

well the tombstones i got from joanns are not the dimensions they advertised, or I wildly underestimated how much .1 inches is. so I designed a Tombstone in cricut to cut out later today! I like my design better anyway

2 Likes

I selected the main materials and cut the main pieces yesterday. We’re supposed to get really hot today, so I think some indoor project time will happen!

I think I finally should have time to start stalking pinterest links this afternoon…

Sketches are finished. I can start crafting today!

@audity That’s a bummer that the tombstones didn’t work out! I guess it was one of those clouds with a silver lining, though, since your cricut ones turned out better.

Life has been chaos so I still haven’t started crafting but I have done some stalking and have some ideas. I’m going to sit down tomorrow and try to get some done.

1 Like

Do these need to fit in an ATC sleeve?
I’m asking because some of the examples look pretty chunky :laughing:

Tombstones cut out of matboard, assemblage of the main attraction in piles on top. Starting with the background would have been the better choice, but I wanted to see how it would look and if I needed to resize anything. I was only going to purchase one more digital download collage sheet from alphastamps, but I ended up with three more. It’s okay because they’re on sale for $2.79 each! At least for the Halloween sheets.

@WiccadWitch you might ask your partners if they want them to fit in a sleeve. I’m going to do that now because I planned on two being bulky.

Thank you, I will ask them.

I just didn’t know if it was a requirement :wink:

Yeah, ask your partner if they want chunky/bulky or not. I love the bulk but some people may want to have them slimmed down.

I will be cutting my tombstones from matboard I think.

1 Like

The backsides are finished and all the edges have been colored black either with a sharpie or a stamp pad. I had to order some paper that I thought I had, but turned out I didn’t (weird how that happens) which will be here on Tuesday.

I have made the terrible mistake of not taking prophylactic ibuprofen before using the weed trimmer this morning and even though I wore the vibration minimizing gloves my hands and arms are not cooperating! Both “heavy” lifting and fine motor skills are compromised. D’oh! I did make some progress on some of the embellishments I am making, though!

1 Like

First layers finished, now for cores & some embellishment…

I’ve had a blast making these - I did lean hard into 3-D should be mailing very shortly. it does help that I’m retired so have much more time to play.

1st one is finished! Unless I decide to add little things, of course. :upside_down_face:

2nd one has a good start!

I worked on one for two hours yesterday and I have decided to scrap it. Nothing I’m doing to it makes it look any better. It’s okay, though, because I had a dream about making a tombstone ATC and now I have a completely new design!

2 Likes

I got my templates cut! Starting to pull out embellishments and papers… rubs hands together and laughs maniacally

2 Likes

Check in time! Are you dressing up for Halloween? If so, what are you going to be?