Craft This In Your Style - LC Edition

I am so sorry…I can’t seem to see January’s prompt?

2 Likes

It’s not linked yet on the first post…but here it is…

3 Likes

@gozer … can you link this please

4 Likes

Goodness! I have been doing so many links on the Reading prompts thread that I thought I did this one. Thanks for the reminder!

6 Likes

Oh wow, I love how diverse all the interpretations are with this one! and all fabulous!!

3 Likes

Beautiful!

3 Likes

I have been following this topic and meaning to join in for months, and I finally made a thing this month!

I drew this using some new metallic oil pastels I got. I like the way they shimmer, but they don’t draw as smoothly as I’d like. I then painted it with watercolors. Overall I’m actually quite pleased with how it turned out. The gold works really well on the clouds. I’m going to give it to my mom, as she likes a new “White Rabbits” picture for luck on the first of each month.

20 Likes

What a fun tradition your mom has! Your picture will be perfect for it, too. So pretty! I love the gold.

3 Likes

Its so pretty! I love your bunny. Great interpretation

2 Likes

The oil pastels and watercolors okay off each other in a really fun way! Love it

3 Likes

This is wonderful!
I remember reading about a tradition of saying, “Rabbit, rabbit”
for good luck on the first of the month, I think?
I may be confused

4 Likes

I believe that saying “White Rabbits” and “Rabbit Rabbit” are regional variations on the same tradition/superstition. It’s supposed to be the first thing you say to the first person you see on the first of the month for good luck. (My mom takes it a step further and I try to give her a white rabbit for luck when I can.)

6 Likes

That’s lovely! the clouds are brilliant!

3 Likes

Yes, ours is “pinch, punch, 1st of the month, no returns, white rabbit”

The no returns is so you don’t get a pinch and punch back, never really understood the white rabbit!!!

Oh, and it had to be said before 12 midday else you get bad luck.

7 Likes

So weird and fun. i have never heard of anything like this!

4 Likes

Me, neither!

3 Likes

What I learned was, it has to be the first thing you say on the first day.

But before that, i “knew” (forgot where/how i learned it!) that the first thing you said, would be the tone of the entire year/month. Ditto first thing you do that day. I remember my Grandmother saying “so the first thing you should do is clean, because then it will be a good habit all year!” And of course, my response was “well the first thing I do is actually wake up - so yeah, i am glad I will continue to wake up all year!” Smartass. :wink: When she insisted, i thought, geez why waste that on cleaning? Do something fantastic and then you get to do it all year all the time! :wink:

10 Likes

Here’s my version, I painted a bookmark.

It’s watercolour with silver acrylic on the background. I followed the composition but incorporated my own shapes and colours. It was a fun picture to use as inspiration!

24 Likes

I love the colors you used. It makes it so dreamy. Very cool!

4 Likes

Ah! This is so lovely. The colors are perfect and the shimmer adds such a beautiful atmosphere.

5 Likes