Craft This In Your Style - LC Edition

wow, that technique sounds interesting! love the results, esp the hair!
@Cindy I think “cool” came back into style with the younger crowd a few years ago, but I could be wrong, LOL – it seems like a timeless adjective, for sure

@Lynx, your ATC looks great, and what a fab idea to possibly even do a collection of all of these “craft in your style” projects on ATC cards! I would have never thought of that :thinking:

3 Likes

Language changes and twists. Did you know that LOL no longer means the same thing as lol?

2 Likes

So far we have 7 submissions! That is amazing. Thank you to everyone who has joined in. :green_heart:

2 Likes

You guys are having so much fun over here I had to give it a try. I don’t know what my “style” is exactly but maybe this will help me discover and develop it!

Here’s my girl:

She was a bit of a journey but a fun one!

I also did another, simpler version that came out looking a bit like me… :sweat_smile:

Thanks for the inspiration!

20 Likes

Oooh love them @Abbeeroad :star_struck:

No, I didn’t! Do I want to know what it is? …

3 Likes

No worries. lol “is now added as an emotional, softening touch to communications.”
No laughing involved, I guess🐱

LOL, on the other hand, is considered archaic (translation: uncool).

I recently read a book about the evolution of language on the internet, Because Internet: Understanding the New Rules of Language by Gretchen McCulloch. Book: Because Internet – Gretchen McCulloch

My takeaways:
Periods (.) are passive aggressive. That’s why people use ellipses and similar (,) to separate their written thoughts.
I guess I’m offending people all over the internet (no capital I , BTW)…

Exclamation points are friendly. If you don’t use them liberally, you can be considered cold!!!

5 Likes

Lots of people of my parent’s generation/ age (at least in Australia) apparently used to use LOL/lol to sign off letters, meaning lots of love!!!

3 Likes

I knew that about periods. But I refuse to text without periods!!!

4 Likes

Um, it’s proper grammar. I use periods or my Mom would say something to me. No aggression intended.

Also, lol can mean disinterest. Urban Dictionary, "Now, it is overused to the point where nobody laughs out loud when they say it. In fact, they probably don’t even give a shit about what you just wrote. More accurately, the acronym “lol” should be redefined as "Lack of laughter.
Depending on the chatter, its definition may vary. The list of its meanings includes, but is not limited to:

1. “I have nothing worthwhile to contribute to this conversation.”
  2. “I’m too lazy to read what you just wrote so I’m typing something useless in hopes that you’ll think I’m still paying attention.”
  3. “Your statement lacks even the vaguest trace of humor but I’ll pretend I’m amused.”
  4. "This is a pointless acronym I’m sticking in my sentence just because it’s become so engraved into my mind that when chatting, I MUST use the meaningless sentence-filler ‘lol.’ "

Ouch, Again, I use it without any aggression intended.

4 Likes

These are amazing! I especially love the lips on the second one. That is an amazing style! :green_heart:

2 Likes

So, it’s the “like” or “uhm” equivalent in speaking, lol.

:rofl:

2 Likes

When I saw her hair I TOTALLY thought it resembled your dark wonderful curls. :wink:
I love their features- lips and eyes- and the different colors and textures you used.

3 Likes

:heart: I know you can appreciate the curls! :wink:

2 Likes

interesting!
and @Abbeeroad , your gals are adorable! I also see the resemblance with your pretty hair!

2 Likes

It’s Wednesday! Wednesday Addams, to be exact.

15 Likes

Awesome!

3 Likes

LOL! hilarious interpretation!

2 Likes

Oooh! We are up to 9 participants! Will we make 10?

Question - Would you like next month to be another portrait-type image of a girl in another style, or would you like to shake it up a bit and do an object-type image?

I found most of the “draw this in your style” images were of ladies, but I think that is because they are easiest for most people to draw. Since this is Craft this in your style I thought we might want to switch it up a little. I am good either way.

3 Likes

I vote for object-type image

2 Likes

another vote for object

2 Likes