Craft Through Coronavirus Craftalong

Not really crafting but crafting related… I have a twitter feed I use to curate themed fabrics I like. I just scheduled 2 months of posts for the feed. PHEW. If anyone wants to follow along - you can follow here @Fabric_Lover It’s a little labor of love for the designers on spoonflower.

1 Like

I love Spoonflower and talk to many of the designers to adjust their fabrics for the projects I want to do. I really love mid century modern design and there are some really wonderful fabrics that are being designed…I will go check out your choices!

There are so many that it is hard for any one person to see some of the ones except through people like you who take the time! That is awesome!

2 Likes

Thanks! It is a hobby of mine - sort of obsessed with repeating patterns and always have been. I pick a theme for a month and go in search of patterns to match it. there are some REALLY good designers on spoonflower that I don’t see featured so I try to pick (not always successfully) designers whose name I don’t recognize before any others.

3 Likes

This past week has been Spring Break for me, so I’ve focused on more down time and any activity that would distract my brain. I started a little herb garden off the back porch and have been crocheting dishcloths, about one a day, while watching Downton Abbey.

4 Likes

I really should watch Downton Abbey.

2 Likes

I think it’s official that my favorite quarantine craft supply is sugar.

5 Likes

I needed some soul warming food, so my DH and I made home made french onion soup and a loaf of sourdough bread.

I am going back to Downton Abbey with my dinner. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I was very peeved when they took Downton abbey off Irish Netflix.

But I hear you on the comfort food. I think today will be bread baking and tapenade and other dip making

1 Like

HA! I am scheduled through august now! I also made some earrings for a friend yesterday

4 Likes

IMG_8302

Oops, been quiet for a bit! here is a recent creation. :slight_smile: Snarky and cute! Believe it or not, all the yarns used are hand spun!

15 Likes

Thank you so much for posting that! I ordered one and it came today. So many pretty pieces.

This stamped copper piece is my favorite.

11 Likes

Mine came today as well! I got almost the exact same things you did, and yes, that is my favorite piece as well! WOW! What a generous freebie…I see a lot that I am going to be able to use!

4 Likes

Mine came today, too, but I haven’t opened it yet! So, I’m glad to get a preview of what is probably in it! There’s some fun stuff in there!

3 Likes

Same! This must be Vintaj delivery day :slight_smile:.

3 Likes

I am well jealous of you guys getting all the crafty goodness!
Being in the UK, I wasn’t eligible for the offer, but so glad I’ll be able to see these pieces being used. Be interesting to see how each of you uses the items. Bet none of the projects are alike!

1 Like

Mine came today too! Exactly like yours, what a cool little grab bag

2 Likes

This thread is making me hungry and slightly envious of @audity for those Rico cheese cups… Perfect pairing for soft pretzels!

In my box excavating, one of my embroidery hoops was unearthed with a broken inner hoop. Happily, by adding in some crochet thread, and the dreamcatcher technique my grandmother taught me 2 decades ago; I have a colorful temporary home for my airplants.

16 Likes

That’s so pretty!

I love the new home, however temporary, for you air plants.
Together they look very tropical.

Gosh it’s been a bit again. I ended up seeing some masks. Not my favorite thing to sew and those that are sewing them for donations are amazing. Here is just a couple of the close to 30 I made this weekend.

6 Likes