Craft Through Coronavirus Craftalong

This is so cool! :dizzy:

1 Like

Thank you! I love how it turned out! The map print is jussi pretty.

This brings me back to my HS and college days when I had several posters of aliens like that! This is awesome!

1 Like

Thank you! The aliens are the fun ones you see on posters.

1 Like

I finished up some other projects and was itching to start something new. Not really having any inspiration, I decided to take out a framed canvas I bought from the thrift store YEARS ago meaning to do something with it. Taking a page from @alteredmommy, I’m going to mess around with it, for a while until it feels finished…I’m taking pictures every time I do a new layer…

It’s using up some really old paint which is nice. But I’m also not working with a full rainbow of colors which is a small bummer, but whatever. It’s an interesting exercise.

15 Likes

This is really clever! And those frames are flexible lending itself to the shape. And what a FANTASTIC way to display your airplants! Lurve!

1 Like

Hey, just a shoutout to @cutelittledevil to let her know that I followed her tutorial and made a magnetic box out of a stack of worthless Magic cards. It came out very nice, and my son loves it!

6 Likes

Ohhhh dear, I’ve really been having trouble keeping up with so many different threads here, so I haven’t been commenting nearly enough on all these awesome projects, but you all are genuinely impressive and inspiring! And I’m not just throwing that word around; you guys inspire me to make more stuff and try new things! Thank you!

Speaking of feeling a little overwhelmed, I’m actually having trouble keeping track of what projects I’ve been meaning to do because there are just so MANY! So I’m going to copy my old list from the beginning of this craftalong and update it.

-Make more TM patches for my parents’ KitchenAid cover (maybe even… finish the cover???) Finishing the cover is put on hold for now as I need to go out and shop for supplies, which isn’t happening soon. But I can make patches!
-Make felties to send to my friends in Japan I made a felt applique hoop for one of them; does that count?
-Make a feltie of a weird Japanese fish-monster prophet: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amabie (Some of my friends in Japan have been drawing pictures of this and posting it because in the legend it said to do that if disease spreads) Totally forgot about this one; still wanna do it!
-Make some small amigurumi when my yarn order comes Yarn order still hasn’t come ToT Order came and I barely started one, but got sidetracked by other projects. Gotta return to this when finished with swaps
-Decoupage some paper photo frames (first need to choose the photos to go in them, so I can coordinate colors!) Waiting for warmer weather so I can do this outside 'cause of glue smell OK the weather is perfectly warm, but at this point I’m just stalling because I need to pick out the photos first, and I haven’t even transferred my files over from my old computer to my new one.
-Make a hoop for MYSELF! One each of Blathers and Boomer from Animal Crossing, and if I have time, from the record covers in AC as well!

New stuff from here:
-Make a _____ ____ for the Go Bananas Swap, which I’ve designed but haven’t started making
-Make something rabbit-related for my friend Keiko
-One more hanger cover
-Nine more fitted masks for friends and family
-Two more surgical-style masks for health care workers
-Make a masterboard so I can start getting in on this ATC business. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Okay, I actually got to delete several from the first list, so that felt good! And I did several things that weren’t even on my original list. I’ve really gotta keep reminding myself that I’ve been productive, because some days it just feels like I’m not at all.

Meanwhile, my mother and I have been working together to crank out lots of masks!

14 Likes

I have been struggling emotionally this week, and really just not happy. I still want to finish that bag for our principal who announced retirement to staff before spring break. I’ve been contemplating how I want to design the rest of pictures for space, so I am working on that right now and chose and printed the long narrow ones in this picture.

You guys, seeing these pictures the kiddos made in art class has brought a smile to my face. I am hoping I can meet the art teacher (sadly) social distance so I can give her this gift and my other teacher gifts for my son’s 6th grade teachers.

Or, be allowed to deliver to the school. Something.

9 Likes

I’m glad working on this brought a smile to your face.
Keep crafting through the sadness, andchave a hug :hugs::hugs::hugs:

2 Likes

Yes, hugs to you, @Lynx! Hope the packages get to their intended owners and that the emotional roller coaster starts moving upwards for you soon. More hugs!

2 Likes

I know exactly how you feel, friend. HUGS!

It doesn’t help that we get one day that’s sunny (but windy as heck) and then several straight days of grey skies and rain.

2 Likes

The outside of the bag is done! It’s slightly smaller (by a couple inches) than my normal size, but it looks good!

13 Likes

I made another quilt top today. Big blocks and lots of sashing, so it was fast. For a friend-she likes bluey green. hopefully I’ve enough batting to finish it.

17 Likes

Another beautiful quilt! Love the big blocks!

1 Like

Love the bag-in-progress, and the quilt is gorgeous!

1 Like

I made another 25 masks, this time for DH’s company. They ordered masks back in February that haven’t shown up, but they need something now. I had three left from the last batch that got added to the pile. I cut into my stash of Star Wars fabric for this group.

14 Likes

Wow @tendstowardschaos that is a lot of masks. Well done you

2 Likes

Everyone has lots of fun projects happening!

This week I finally got up the courage to try and make the curved hem tank from Ellie and Mac. It worked out really well! I had some trouble with the band I think because my fabric wasn’t as stretchy as what they use. But it still worked out and looks awesome I think! I can’t take pictures though :joy:

10 Likes

Great fabric and I agree - it looks awesome!!!

2 Likes