Cross Stitch Christmas Cards!

I stitched up some Christmas Cards for the Christmas Card Swap. All the patterns were from some previous CrossStitcher issue. (My go-to for cute patterns. Plus, it’s free digitally from my library. :smirk:) If you want to know which issue, I’m sure I can probably do some digging

They’re all just a couple inches in size. You can’t really tell from the pictures but I used etoile thread for a lot of the details and I love how shiny and gaudy it is. (I’m not a sparkly person by nature, but Christmas is my exception. Give me sparkles, give me gaudy.)

Here’s “Christmas Thyme”!

This gem of a card went to @AudiobookLover. Ya’ll…it’s lettuce. I had to make it, right?!

Wee little, Christmas tea. All the cards were made from my stash of Christmas paper supplies and featured glitter paper to give it ALL THE SPARKLES.

This silly Christmas cat. I loved this one.

And here they all are together. I made the envelopes with my envelop maker. I ruined paper in the process because I forgot how it worked. :upside_down_face: And I tried my hand at making cool labels with the stash of distress inks I inherited. I love the look!

Thanks for looking!

28 Likes

How great! The first two are my favorite, but they’re all wonderful!

How punny! The cat one feels kind of true to life! :smile_cat:

They all turned out really cute!

I especially like the Lettuce one!

Nice to see you using up that stash of ink pads as well…I knew you would!

1 Like

These are great! The cat is my favorite.

1 Like

The cat is just hilarious!
And now I want to see if my library would have those magazines!
They all look great

2 Likes

These are amazing! I love the Lettuce one, but the cat has my heart. Black cats are amazing. I love the way you styled these on the cards. They are fantastic.

3 Likes

Awww, these are all so cute! Love the punny ones especially. For some unknown reason, the itty bitty “Oh Christmas tea” is my favorite.

2 Likes

Love your little cross stitch creations! The sparkle is so festive. I, too, am partial to “Oh Christmas Tea.” :smile:

1 Like

Adorable!

1 Like

Obviously I’m partial to the thyme one 'cause it lives here, but I’m also a big fan of the Christmas tea pun.

2 Likes

Awesome, I dont think Id be able to send them out :sweat_smile:

1 Like

they are all so nicely done and cute!

1 Like

These are all so fun. I absolutely love my card and I love just how sparkly it is in real life! I’m definitely going to turn the ‘lettuce celebrate’ design into something fun - right now I’m thinking a magnet, so I can see and enjoy it all year long!

2 Likes

These are very cute!

1 Like

:snowflake: :sparkles: Congratulations! This fantastic project has brightened our winter days as a feature this week! :sparkles: :snowflake:

1 Like

These are such precious little works of art! How fun and adorable!

1 Like

That cat, I can hardly even stand it :smile:

1 Like