Dinosaurs in Space - Raglan Tee

This fabric might look familiar. I used it last year to create a zip-up onesie for LittleBookLover. I had mentioned in that post that I was hoping to use some of the extra fabric to make a shirt. I had also mentioned that I hoped my shirt making endeavor would prove more successful than the zip-onesie. Guess what…it did!

After printing and taping together all the pieces of the zip up onesie pattern, I got smart and had an Etsy seller print this shirt pattern on a large format printer. I highly recommend going this route if buying .pdf patterns :sweat_smile:.

My seams and stitches were far from perfect, but the Redberry pattern was very forgiving. The author did a great job of writing the pattern and providing helpful tips and tricks that made it very easy for a beginner (like myself) to follow. I blended the sizes according to the instructions and was very pleased with the fit of the final product.

I changed up the pattern a little bit and added cuffs to the sleeves. I fussy cut the material so that the cuffs would show off the constellations and only ended up with tiny parts of the dino print that I was able to hide on the back of the cuffs.

Originally, I had planned on using some blue fabric for the collar. The blue fabric was sourced from a cheap t-shirt that had been purchased for a long ago project that never came to fruition. Thankfully, I checked the stretch on the collar before attaching it to the shirt. I found that it had very little stretch and would not have worked well at all. So, I ended up using the gray thermal material instead.

Once the shirt was completed, I was able to get it to the Easter Bunny to include in LittleBookLover’s Easter basket :wink:.

I’m so glad this shirt was a success! I’m already planning on using this pattern to make more!

24 Likes

Congratulations on sewing a super shirt for your kiddo! You did a lot of rather advanced stuff with blending sizes and adding cuffs - that were fussy cut - so you must be a natural!

3 Likes

Thank you! I taught myself how to make cuffs a few years ago when he was getting too tall for his footsy pajamas. I cut off the feet and added cuffs to the bottom of the pjs so he could keep wearing them. Then I added cuffs to the ‘feet’ to make him slippers. Who knew that skill would come in handy again?

4 Likes

Love it!!! Looks like kiddo loves it, too.

2 Likes

Excellent modifications and such a good use of the main fabric! I see lots of unique pieces for him, all made with love and experience by you!

3 Likes

Excellent!! Love the custom label and your modifications!

3 Likes

Sooo adorable, on and off the model.

2 Likes

That is one happy kid! I bet he loves his awesome one of a kind shirt!

1 Like

The shirt looks great - what a fun print! And your kiddo looks thrilled with it!

1 Like

He looks so happy in it! I’m glad you got it done in time and it looks fantastic! Yay for dinosaurs!

1 Like

:dove: A little bird told me that you’re fantastic craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Chirp chirp! :peacock:

1 Like

That turned out great and the photo shoot is fantastic!

1 Like

The smile. The sunglasses. The dinosaurs in space. It’s all so much adorableness!!! (Real word?!? Probably not, but should be.)

1 Like

Thank you for the feature, @TheMistressT and thank you all for your kind comments!

1 Like

The fabric is so cute and so is he! What a great fit. I love the little cuffs you made to match that you fussy cut. Absolutely brilliant! LittleBookLover is so lucky to have a great mom like you!

1 Like

So cool!

1 Like

Thank you :blush:. I feel like I’m the lucky one to have such a sweet little boy!