Draw'tober Craft(art)-a-long

@jemimah those are wonderful! I love that there is a fish skeleton on the screen! lol

@PrincessP Beautiful drawing of the burrow!

2 Likes

I’m not sure I’m coordinated enough to draw while brushing my teeth :laughing:

But I did finish day two:

This time from the ”terrible” set of prompts. (I read them all to husband and he picked it for me).

10 Likes

That was my thought, I’m glad it came across that way!

Ugh. This was way cooler in my head. I am really not good with ink.

11 Likes

I packed the drawing book, but forgot the bag at home :stuck_out_tongue: will do the doodles once i get home on sunday :stuck_out_tongue: but it’s fun seeing what everyone are drawing :smiley:

1 Like

I knew exactly what your drawing was before scrolling down to the title.

1 Like

ATC “Mathilda Pumpkinhead” drawlloween: pumpkin

9 Likes

I love seeing everyone’s drawings!

Angrishreep!

Just a quick doodle. The botober prompts are fun!

11 Likes

Introducing Miss Barbara Millicent Groceries. Like most Stepford wives, Barbara Millicent is slightly posable and mostly held together by scotch (tape, in this case).

10 Likes

Work was busy today. I mushed together two prompts for this angsty mothgirl. Excited to dedicate more time to tomorrow’s prompt.

12 Likes

Omg, lol. I like your collages.

1 Like

Today I picked the ”concept” prompt list, but I’m sticking to Botober.

It’s not just Y, it’s The Y. Google ”Y Timrå” for some context.

12 Likes

14 Likes

Yes, here’s a link to an article about photographing artwork. The first part is very technical and involved, but at the end of the article is a section about what if you only have a phone to take photos of your art. You can do a search on the page for this phrase " but all you have is your iPhone?" to find the start of that part. Or just scroll down to the bottom of the article where you see a photo of a welcome mat. He shows how to use natural light and something white to reflect back the light to get rid of the shadow.

I basically do this at our glass door to get good natural lighting. I use a little table to put the item on and sometimes use something white to bounce back light if necessary. A piece of cardstock works fine for small things. :slight_smile:

I then pull the image into photoshop and adjust the levels to get the white whiter and the darks darker until it looks right.

hope that helps!

https://www.muddycolors.com/2020/08/photographing-your-artwork/

3 Likes

Thank you! That’s good stuff. I moved to a different part of the room and took another picture and it turned out a bit better. But I will save this for future reference!

1 Like

You’re welcome! Yay, glad you found a better spot for lighting your art! :slight_smile:

1 Like

And Miss Gracie Lou RealLady.

8 Likes

@megwell and @grenouille78, they are both hilarious :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Sketch for PeachPotterTober Day 3 prompt :: Bridge

Now I’m deciding whether to ink it with pens, or if I’m gutsy enough to use India ink for the colouring :grimacing:

…playing around with materials

13 Likes

I wasn’t going to do one today, but this lady asserted herself. Meet Miss Bunny Marguerite Groceries, Barbara Millicent’s (offlist) sister. Bun and Barbara Millicent are estranged, for reasons I haven’t fully fleshed out yet.

Now I’m going to take a break. Probably.

6 Likes