Draw'tober Craft(art)-a-long

Oh, this is so much fun. I love seeing all the drawings and doodles.
Here’s mine. Ther larger one is my “sitting in meetings” zen doodling. I usually try to do two months on one page.

11 Likes

@marionberries Yours is really fun!

On this day in 2004, I lost my first baby. Normally I try to draw a little tribute for him, but none of the lists provided anything very appropriate this year. So I just did my own thing.

11 Likes

My 9-12 slowtober drawing. Prompt was ‘candle’.

1020cafbsafdc

7 Likes

I’m so sorry about your baby. I’m not in the same boat, but we have a name for the baby we would have had if my body and mind could handle having another one. I think about this unborn baby every so often and feel sad.

5 Likes

ATC “Tap”. Drawlloween prompt: tarot

5 Likes

Thank you. :heart: I’m sorry that you’re not able to have another. There are some similarities – thinking about all the things that might have been. :heartpulse:

3 Likes

I finished my swap claims, so I’m back! I’ve gone offlist again because this is obviously Miss Rita Ellen CheeseBoard.

8 Likes

This one cracks me up @megwell :joy:

Lol, Cheeseboard! Her hair is just great.

Throw
Randy Johnson, when he pitched for the Seattle Mariners.

7 Likes

Thanks! The hair was the starting point on this one.

Randy Johnson… pretty sure he moved to my neck of the woods and played for the Diamondbacks!

1 Like

Miss Katherine Lynn Cupcake

7 Likes

Haven’t really been doing any of the October drawing things but I’m bored this afternoon so I decided to draw. I combined Mab’s Drawloween prompt of skeleton with Peachtober prompt of egg.

8 Likes

I know it’s been a minute since I’ve posted my doodles, I’m still doodling small prompts, but trying to encapsulate my weekend prompts into something a little more substantial.

October 10/11 were nature and euphoria, which I tried to capture in this print. Nature = moths, and euphoria = the feeling of capturing some beautiful (or watching it hatch and letting it go).

8 Likes

That looks like a print rather than a drawing. Like from a printing press.

ATC “Medusa”. Drawlloween prompt: gorgon

ATC “Hellhound”. Drawlloween prompt: Hellhound

Atc “you get that thing I sent you?” Drawlloween prompt: skeleton

8 Likes

Yeah! Sorry, my post wasn’t very clear. I carved this in linoleum based on drawings I did yesterday and today.

3 Likes

He did, but we still love him in Seattle. :smiley:

Yay, linocuts! Did you press them yourself? I took a printmaking class back in college where we did lino and also copper etching. Super fun stuff. Ahhhh college. Happy days.