Draw'tober Craft(art)-a-long

Yes!! Definitely a cathartic thing for me. I haven’t had an opportunity to etch copper, but it’s on my list!

1 Like

Today I picked the concepts list. I decided to just go for todays prompt and not try to go back to the days I’ve missed. Maybe some other time. There are cats with lasers back there after all… :gun: :cat2:

10 Likes

Miss Valerie Fawn HouseWife

8 Likes

Caught up with my daily doodles.

11 Likes

I love the 1-800-MURDER concept but also the way you got the date into that one :ok_hand:.

I had a little catching up to do.

(The Poopsmith is a character from Homestar Runner)

9 Likes

Oooooh I love that horse!

1 Like

Going off prompt to other lists, but here is my slowtober for 13-16.

for a swap, so blurred since hasn’t been received yet…

2010piskbitfclmm

combo of skeleton (skull) and crystal from gloomtober and drawtober. Also this was totally based off a pin on her pinterest, so not my conceptual idea. It’s not an exact duplicate, but it is heavily inspired and just my attempt at drawing what I saw. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Today from the ”terrible” prompt list. I’m not sure if it looks like it or not.

7 Likes

Outpost. This is the Burley Mountain fire lookout. My family and I visited there last summer. It is perched on the top of a mile-high summit and the only way to access it is on a gravel US forest service road, no wider than the pickup truck we drove up in. It was the most terrifying ride of my life. Even my 115 lb dog was scared – he squeezed himself into my seatbelt with me and shoved his head into my armpit! lol The view up there was incredible. For those who know the area, you can clearly see Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens, Mt. Hood and Mt. Adams. Not just the tiny tips of the peaks, either! Pretty amazing. But I am NEVER going up there again!!!

8 Likes

Oh the drawings ate so much fun. I am glad I went with doodles. It’s easy to keep up…lazy me.

10 Likes

Have I told you yet that I just love your style? Each little doodle is just so much fun to look at!

1 Like

I love seeing everyone’s style. So creative and unique. Gives me ideas. And thank you @grenouille78, I’ve perfected my style through years of boring meetings!

2 Likes

I’m catching up again!

7 Likes

Wow, great Admiral Ackbar!

1 Like

Ok, I am finishing up my art for the month here. These are for the final 4 days of slowtober (17-20, 21-24, 25-28, 29-31) but they are all off-prompt. And so I’m done with slowtober, yay! They were done for the atc swap so they are all blurred.

If you are expecting a card from me in the atc swap, don’t peek unless you want to spoil yourself on your card! :wink:

The left is based on a photograph from her instagram and the right is from Animal crossing.

2010os-sljwaamfr 2010os-clbtflll

And these next two were based off things on her pinterest. Both pins were sculptures that I turned into drawings.

2010os-wemftef 2010os-wlwtft

10 Likes

Oooooh love the sculptures turned into drawings :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

Oh my gosh I knew EXACTLY where the poopsmith came from! We still talk about Trogdor at this house.

1 Like

lol I’m glad someone recognized him! Homestar Runner et al. play a big role in our family. :laughing: When dd #2 was a baby, we dressed her up as Homestar and she got on StrongBad’s Halloween costume roast slideshow. LOL We quote the whole site all the time around here.

1 Like