Drinking Horn Holder Take a Bite 2022 Challenge Entry

So I decided to work on some items for ren faire early this year. And this was the only one I actually completed :laughing: I ended up having some time off this past week and on Friday I started on this holder for my drinking horn. And I was able to use some faux suede I had along with some embroidery floss and regular thread. I used the horn and it’s original holder to take the measurements and then sorta just winged it. I realized after I had it like 90% together that the embroidery would be sitting against my leg rather than facing people so that was cool :woman_facepalming:t3:

I was excited that I would be able to take part in one of the challenges since I haven’t been feeling up to doing any of the swaps. Nor have I been doing a lot of crafting. But I do a have a top that just needs hemming and a cape that needs a closure and some details done. So this was a good crafting week even though my fingers hurt from all the hand stitching.

The colors are black and red to match this flower crown I had gotten last year. And I had made this because my original drinking horn holder was a brown leather and that didn’t match enough for me. I’m definitely doing a more modern/casual look but I’m excited to get more done!

19 Likes

This is so dang cool! And it’s great that you had time to get crafty this week. YEY!

1 Like

Hey, that’s pretty nifty! Cool that the challenge motivated you to get going on this; it turned out very cool. When/if you get a chance, I’d personally love to see how it goes with the whole outfit.

1 Like

Thank you! And I will definitely have to get a whole look picture when I’ve got more of it done.

Very cool and sure to get a lot of use! Love the embroidered element even if it is facing your leg. :laughing:

1 Like

Right? I even learned a couple new stitches for it

2 Likes

super cool!

(don’t forget to add a link to this post on the challenge thread!)

1 Like

Awesome! I hope you show off your whole costume at some point. I’d love to see it. :smile:

1 Like

Beautiful! I would also love to see the whole thing! I bet it’s phenomenal!

1 Like

Thank you! It’s gunna be not overly medieval because imma probs wear some jean shorts. But I’m pretty excited to get more of it done. I was able to pick up some yarn to use for the cloak I’m working on. So have some more work to do!

1 Like