Easter Craftalong

I have a project started, an Easter themed miniature. It will for sure have egg dyeing and basket filling.

5 Likes

I haven’t started anything but I have a few things in mind.

1 Like

Has anyone come up with a few ideas for Easter?

We are visiting with friends, of course, pandemic and WWIII willing. I’ve promised to crochet them something, not particularly Easter-related but something they really wanted.

In this complicated time it’s hard for me to really get in the mood for Easter, but Easter has always been an important tradition in my family so I don’t want to skip it this year. I hope that finding a few little crafts for Easter will help me get in the right mood.

3 Likes

We usually go to my aunt’s, she does a clued treasure hunt for the kids that they LOVE even my 21 year old son.
She’s just finished chemo. Not sure she even wants to be around people. So I am also not in the mood for Easter crafting this year. I better do something for the kids though. Maybe some bunting & print tshirts.

3 Likes

I’m not really in the mood for Easter crafting, either. And I have had an Easter WIP for what must be about 3 years here coming up. I don’t even know where it is at this point! I did end up ordering some vintage chalkware bunny plaques from Ebay that are just like some my grandma gave me when I was little, so I may have to craft a way to display them that isn’t adding nails to my walls when they get here. I did pull out the Easter decorations over the weekend, though, and most of them are handmade, so at least it feels a little crafty around here!

3 Likes

:tada::tada: Announcement :tada::tada:

There is a new sitewide craft challenge contest. If you have made something inspired by this(or any other) craftalong, then this challenge is for you.
Inspired-along 2022 lettuce craft challenge

1 Like

It’s been a while since I crafted anything easter related, but there will be small children present this year so I might craft a tiny gift for the two of them.

2 Likes

I got two bunny nuggets done in time to put them in the eggs for the kids. Hopefully they’ll like them.

Here’s the pattern I used:

5 Likes

Ah! Adorable. I’ll have to remember this for next year.

1 Like

If you start now you have the time to knit an army!

1 Like

Are you saying you don’t feel like an old-school but crafty all-nighter would be fun here?? Haha

3 Likes

Hahahaha…I’m gonna say…no.

@Annchen - true!

1 Like

I love those little bunnies!!

Due to personal circumstances we unexpectedly won’t really be celebrating Easter this year so I also gave up on crafting. But there’s always next year. Maybe I’ll knit that army of bunnies!

2 Likes

I posted the bunnies in the inspired along:

3 Likes

Painted this little watercolour bunny, inspired by Terry Runyan’s YouTube vids.

10 Likes

I like the flower crown, the colours really glow!

2 Likes

We dyed eggs today! First time doing tie dye eggs. They were fun! And Dino wrappers of course.

7 Likes

That is a really sweet rabbit, @LittleCogs.
And those tie dye eggs are beautiful, @Abbeeroad.

2 Likes

Oh, hey there.

All you craftalong-ers check out the Peek Behind The Curtains Challenge! You don’t need to make something new to join in, you just have to (finally) share the things you’ve made already! WHAT!?

2 Likes

I started stitching a tiny Easter thing for the 2024 Stitchalong and I figured, that’s Easter crafting season officially opened!

The Thing I’m stitching is part of a series of four, and I hope to be able to stitch them all, as well as send out some Easter Happy Mail. We don’t have any plans for Easter (yet).

2 Likes