Easter Egg Swap Gallery

That bee is so cute!

3 Likes

My box from @MightyMitochondria just arrived!
The purple egg holds a chocolate bunny diorama that she made. Isn’t it so sweet?!
The green one holds an assortment of gorgeous fabric beads. I have been wanting to make myself some new jewelry and this will definitely be part of that plan.
The gold one holds Halloween stickers and the smallest little books ever.
The purple one is full of whimsies. I adore whimsies! Those little HO scale train people are going to be running from HO scale zombies some day….
The blue one holds an egg candle she crafted INSIDE AN ACTUAL EGG SHELL. It smells like vanilla frosting.
Also inside the box were some extras. She sent some trims (that crochet trim is yummy), and egg cup for the chocolate bunny diorama egg that is currently displaying the candle she made and finally a zombie sheep. I love zombie sheep, I collect zombie sheep. This one goes right into my collection!
Thank you again for everything!

17 Likes

Wow, everything is super cool! Especially loving the egg things… the candle and the diorama. And the fabric beads are awesome! I should have taken @Magpie’s class.

3 Likes

@endymion Or just find out who did and then swap with them… :shushing_face:

@MissingWillow what a beautiful hall, the diorama is so sweet and those beads are beautiful. All the little goodies are so fun.

4 Likes

I didn’t take @Magpie’s class and I’m still kicking myself. I can’t figure out how to make those gorgeous barrel shaped fabric beads that she featured in the class. :sob::sob::sob:

3 Likes

I’m kicking myself for not taking @Magpie class too!

That little knitted bee is adorbs! And that diorama?!? Too much fun! Loving this gallery!

4 Likes

@MissingWillow thank you for swapping with me. I really enjoyed crafting for you. It delights me to know that those tiny people will run from zombies! I knew you had to have them the moment I saw them. The egg cup was begging for this swap! It was a hideous flat brown color and had been languishing in my stash for a few years. The trim on the egg cup is vintage tatted lace. It, as well as the other trim, is from an estate sale. That crafter had amazing lace making skills.

4 Likes

Wait, but you made those beads, didn’t you?

2 Likes

@kittykill, can these folks still get access to past classes? I love those beads! How fun to see them here :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Yes, I made the beads. I think I learned from internet tutorials. I don’t remember. It has been a while.

4 Likes

Running HO people aren’t that easy to find, I am delighted to have them. Thank you!

5 Likes

@MightyMitochondria Such lovely new treasures and whimsies. I LOVE that candle. What a crazy and great idea to make a candle in an eggshell! Wow!

6 Likes

I’m pretty ignorant about minatures and was unfamiliar with the HO term until you just mentioned it. That sent me down a rabbit hole on Amazon where I found a set of HO size nudist minatures. I thought I would share in case you ever decide to make a tiny nude beach scene. :flushed::smile:

6 Likes

i am super tempted to go make some candles inside of some eggs now. or soaps. that is such a cool idea!!

3 Likes

Oooh!! Soap. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I briefly considered using some of our button quail eggs to make candles, but how long would those burn? 10 minutes? Here is an intenet photo for reference.

8 Likes

LOL! Yes, I am award of those.

4 Likes

35 seconds. lolz. but they would be SO cute!!

4 Likes

Wow! Lots of fun packages here. I see lots of fabric beads which are very cool! Great job everyone.

4 Likes

Would they be smaller than a tea light candle? They do make those pretty small.

3 Likes