Eat The Marshmallow ~ Positive Affirmation Wall Hanging

I was so excited to be partnered with @kittykill for the Positive Affirmations Swap :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I went with her own affirmation, “Eat the marshmallow”

I bought digital paper (a first for me) from MaebyWildPrintables on Etsy, I thought the sprinkles and watercolor circles fit well with the quote :heart: And because I had a plethora of time away from my craft space I filled it with making fabric beads from @Magpie’s zoom class :kissing_heart: When I was assembling I thought it needed something between the beads but nothing was working :stuck_out_tongue: so I embraced the scrappy and used fabric bits to fill the spaces between beads. :grin:

This was fun to put together and I’m quite happy with the overall look :slight_smile:

And here’s an explanation of the affirmation, stolen from the source :wink:

25 Likes

Beautiful, especially the fabric beads. I always wondered what her saying meant.

1 Like

I recently brought my first digital paper, too! It’s an addiction! Great use for those fabric beads!

1 Like

Love the sentiment and LOVE the beads!

1 Like

This came out great! Just right for the sentiment and recipeint!

1 Like

Ha-- I read something recently talking about the marshmallow experiment, and pointing out that the kids who didn’t eat the marshmallow mostly spent their time poking it or licking it or trying to build things with it, and the whole adult concept of it being about willpower is nonsense.

2 Likes

Very cute!

1 Like

What a gorgeous little artwork! I love the scrappy beads!!!

1 Like

Thank you all :heart:

Love how you used the fabric beads and used scraps between as well…

This was a wonderfully positive project!

1 Like

Love it! My favorite part is the beads. They’re gorgeous

1 Like

heck, marshmallows are pure sugar. They’re bad for you! it’s BETTER to eat one than a bunch!

1 Like

Yeah, eat the marshmallows! and decorate yourself with fabric beads. Life is short!

3 Likes

Thanks for explaining how to make this!
You must have known I need detailed instructions :grimacing:
It is perfect and happy and oh so positive! Well done, my friend!!

1 Like

There was also a protractor/compass involved… and some math… and c-a-r-e-f-u-l cutting :grimacing: I got a little crazy with overthinking & trying to make it perfect :sweat_smile: I got all the paper bits as suuuuper precise as I was able… them went crazy scrappy with the fabric and lace! :joy:

2 Likes

I love that you used so much inspiration from LC to make this. The beads turned out wonderful as did the plaque and saying.

3 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face: YeeeEEEE-HAW! Your handmade goodness is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :fireworks:

2 Likes

Thank you :heart:

1 Like

I look at this every day. It makes me so happy.

1 Like

Oh my gosh, you made SO MANY BEADS!!! Yay, you! I love how you used them for this project. The colours are fab and just perfect for Ms Kitty. Nicely done, beautiful work. I am really enjoying looking at all the parts of it close up over and over again. Treasure!

1 Like