My two oak trees put out dozens of pounds of acorns this year. They are Northern Red Oaks, so they have sort of perfect acorns, about 1-1.5" and quintessentially proportioned. So in a rare combination of crafting and yard maintenance, I gathered a bushel basket of them up, and started making things with them. I didn’t get very far into the basket before deciding I had enough, because it’s labor intensive to prepare them for crafting. But anyway, I got a coffee can of acorn tops, which I then sprayed with a matte acrylic sealer. I had a scrappy stash of little Dresden plate pieces I picked up a couple of years ago at a thrift store, and I dug through them to make little combinations of five prints, and started making these:
Not gonna lie, half the fun has been digging through the scraps (a shoebox worth with hardly any repeat prints) to find interesting coordinating fabrics.