Fair Isle hat

I bought this pattern and yarn in May of 2015 and finally managed to make time to get it done. You know how it is- gifts and things for other people sideline the things for ourselves with no real deadlines… Anyway, at least I finished it before we celebrated the 6 year anniversary of buying supplies!

The pattern is from Leisure Arts “I Can’t Believe I’m Fair Isle Knitting” and the yarn is as listed in the pattern example Cascade 220.

Thanks for looking! I’m wearing it today as the winds are howling and the temps are low, low, low!

39 Likes

So awesomely fantastic. I love that you got this done. The colors and pattern are epic!

2 Likes

This hat is drop dead gorgeous.

1 Like

Thank you! I fell in love with the picture of it so I am really glad I actually finished it!

It is absolutely the most stunning knit hat I have ever seen! Kudos to you to finally finishing it (and for it to behave and get out of time out!). How awesome you get to enjoy it already! Just gorgeous!

1 Like

Utterly incredible. Your colorwork is stunning my friend!

1 Like

Thanks, friends!

This hat is sooooo pretty and still so warm-looking!

1 Like

So pretty!!! I love everything about it. Well worth the wait.

1 Like

Wow, it’s fabulous! Amazing work!

1 Like

Thanks, Everyone!

Congratulations! This has been selected as one of this week’s Featured Projects.

1 Like

I like the bottom section best. There is something about how the colors get displayed in those rows that really shows them off!!

Well done!! :smiley:

1 Like

It’s done! I love it, it’s gorgeous. I love the patterns and the colour combinations.

1 Like

Your colorwork is stunning!!! So pretty and your tension looks to be perfect.

1 Like

Thank you everyone! I’m blushing! :blush:

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Congrats on finishing it!

1 Like

Thank you!

This is really beautiful! I love your color choices and Fair Isle just always looks like magic to me.

1 Like

That is a beautiful hat!
I love how intricate it is. And the colors are great too. Amazing!

1 Like