"Fall Into Autumn" Sampler - F&T 2020 Q4 Contest Entry

Back in October I was all ready to start stitching Christmas-y things but after making two ornaments I felt in my soul I wasn’t done with fall. Fall is what I needed in my heart. I wanted to keep this season as long as possible. I came across this pattern in the Cross Stitcher magazine and thought it would be the perfect project to keep the cozy, fall vibes going.

This project’s been by my side at the campfire, the camper, countless nature parks with the kids. The colors complimented my favorite season. And it’s got wee little squirrels and hedgehogs! :pleading_face: It may not be a cozy thing to wrap up in but it’s kept me company in the past month and invokes such fall feelings just admiring it - looking at all the little details. Definitely puts me in a cozy frame of mind.

Size : Stitched area is 7 x 10.25 inches
Fabric : 18 ct aida - dyed to a peachy-orange color
Pattern : “Fall Into Autumn” by Cheryl Mckinnon in the September 2020 issue of Cross Stitcher Magazine
Time: October 17 - November 15 (Had to hurry and frame it today so I could enter the contest!)
Fun Factor : Love, love, LOVED this pattern. Like all of Cheryl’s (Tiny Modernist’s) designs - there’s lots of little things instead of a large design. I love making things like this because it keeps me motivated and keeps it interesting to stitch up.
Changes : None other than a couple small and various “artistic changes.” (That’s what we call mistakes in counting, right? :wink:)

And onto photos and close-ups!

21 Likes

It’s absolutely gorgeous! I love it :heart: I love the choice of the frame too.

So charming and so well stitched!

Acorns and hedgehogs and squirrels and a cute little tractor? I don’t think this could get any cuter!

Very nice! I love the use of fall colors for all aspects!

the peachy orange color of the cloth is the perfect accoutrement! I would have to display that all year

1 Like

Your cross stitch is amazing! Such wonderful work.

1 Like

So much work! It looks absolutely perfect.

1 Like

Yes! It’ll most likely be up all year. :see_no_evil: This is my first year being SUPER into cross-stitching and so far all “seasonal” things have been left up 'cause I worked hard on them, gosh darnit! I just like to look at all the pretties. :relaxed:

And thank you! It was hard to get the color right - in the end it turned out perfect! (If I can toot my own horn. lol!)

2 Likes

I see all you little stitches!!! All the little XXXXX!

2 Likes

I had overlooked that it came from the September 2020 issue of Cross Stitcher! I think I have that one. Maybe I’ll stitch it next year.

1 Like

I recommend it!! It really was a joy to stitch!

2 Likes

good heavens, this is sooo lovely!!!

1 Like

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

there is just something about a sampler that just makes me smile. great job! and awesome presentation/photography too.

1 Like

It’s gorgeous!
You can tell how much love you have put into it.

2 Likes