Winter Wonderland Sampler!

In the fall I made a fall sampler and now I’ve finished my winter sampler!

I started the day we did our January Zoom (I think that was Jan. 4th) and finished just yesterday (Feb. 19).

About 3/4th’s of the way through I was a bit over it. Mostly because I hate doing solid sections of colors and the “lake” felt so big to me. Also, it’s been so wintery and cold and snowy lately I just didn’t want to look or think about any dang snow. So much for my idea of cozying up with this project and appreciating the winter season. My appreciation ended about 4 weeks ago. Lol!

Here’s a couple close ups:

And here are the two together!! (With my hand for scale. :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:) I’ve been wanting a “centerpiece” to hang over our bed in our master bedroom and I think once I get the other two done (spring and summer) I’ll hang them all up over our bed!

The pattern is from the January 2021 issue of CrossStitcher Magazine by Cheryl McKinnon. (Do I stitch everything she designs? Well, yes. Because I am in love with it all. Lol!)

26 Likes

These are wonderful and fun. The sayings are perfect. Large areas ate a bore I agree, but how else can you ice skate?

1 Like

Lol! Very true I suppose!

It was so nice to see your progress reports! I have to say, that of the two together, I really love the winter one, even if I don’t like snow! It is just so lovely with all of those blues!

Thanks for sharing your stitching journey with us…you do such lovely work…I know it is probably premature, but I am looking forward to the Spring installation!

2 Likes

I love this so much! Congrats on finishing it! Just beautiful!

Your hard work and determination really paid off, because it’s so dang great!

1 Like

They look great! I love the fabric choices as well. Your fall sampler really feels warm and fall-y and your winter fabric is really cold and winter-y? I don’t know if that makes sense but they look much better this way than if they had been stitched on a plain white fabric. I also totally get your love for Tiny Modernist patterns, I love them too.

2 Likes

I’ve loved watching this take shape over the last several weeks. Beautiful job my friend!

2 Likes

These are both so beautiful. I love the idea of putting them over the bed once you have all four seasons done.

1 Like

My dad brought back from Japan (he was stationed there for a bit after WWII) w sets of four season paintings. One set always hung above the living room couch and now grace the guest bedroom in her small house. My daughter has wanted them forever. So far mom has not relented. There is something wonderful about the 4 seasons as a theme, the way they evoke time.

I can’t wait to see spring and fall, are they in the plans?

4 Likes

They are!! I’ve got some things to finish up before starting spring but it’s definitely in the works!

2 Likes

Wow! It is beautiful! I love how the blues and white look against the background - it gives it a softness and calm that I often associate with a snowy scene. I quite like the fall scene, as well, since it’s my favorite season. I, too, am looking forward to seeing how the other 2 seasons will stitch up!

2 Likes

Just lovely! The modern take on traditional samplers works so well and your fabric choices are perfect!

1 Like

These are both magical, but the winter one is especially beautiful!

2 Likes

Absolutely stunning!

1 Like

What a lot of work! Love the result!

1 Like