Family of Kigurumi - 2 Axolotls and a Unicorn - Halloween Costume Entry 2021

Kigurumi costumes are a big hit with my kids since Michigan Halloweeens are usually wet and cold. No one likes to have to hide their costumes under a coat.

This year, I bought a pattern and made the boys’ costumes myself. DS2 is five and really wanted to be a pink and rainbow unicorn (thankfully, the pattern came with those modifications). DS1 likes to challenge me and asked to be an axolotl. I drafted the pattern for the gills and the tail. The eyes and unicorn horn were also my pattern.

My DS1 was between sizes, so I made the mistake of making the larger size. That’s how I got to be an axolotl for trick-or-treating, too - much to the joy of DS1. I managed to whip up a replacement costume (in a smaller size) in two days.

18 Likes

These are fantastic!!!

Awww… these are so cute! I love them!

1 Like

Thank you!

We used to have a pale axolotl in the 3-year-old class - called Pink Floyd, of course!

Love your Halloween costumes!

1 Like

Thank you!

That’s awesome! My 9-year old wants an axolotl, but he is going to have to wait a while on that.

My favorite amphibian!

1 Like

What a glorious trio of cozy and creative costumes! I am simply in love with your axolotl gills! ACK!

1 Like

I love the galaxy eyes on the unicorn! You did an amazing job on these!

1 Like

Thank you!

I actually did use galaxy-print fleece for the unicorn eyes! Thank you for noticing, @AudiobookLover !

Adorable! Great job.

1 Like

That’s one adorable set of costumes!

1 Like

Thank you!

Love it! What great costumes!

1 Like

Love these! I used to have an axolotl :heart:

1 Like