Felt Badge Swap Rd2 - S/O june 21

The felt I use to make badges and dolls, etc. is a wool/rayon blend…thin but sturdy and pliable.

I have been purchasing from here and just love that you can pick and choose your colors. I usually get larger sheets but for beginners and starting out to gauge colors, the small size is handy.

This is where I got the pattern and felt to make the pizza food I made for @antbee!

5 Likes

Hm…that is the shop I purchased from last time.

This is what I bought.

I think the wool blend is key.

3 Likes

Yes—I have that as well but I use the thicker pieces for background only…I used it to make my mushroom needlebook…it is also fuzzier…it is nice to embroider on but layering is a bit thick…I think they have limited colors of 100% wool like that at Joann’s as well…I buy it to use as the backs of my embroidery hoops

2 Likes

Yes, the colors I got were also strange/off. I was disappointed, but I think it was just my own lack of knowledge/understanding. I’m excited to try again with the right material this time!

2 Likes

Let me know if you want me to send you samples…I can pop them in an envelope! I seriously have way too much…

oh, @kayrun…let me know if you want a packet as well since you are just starting out!

4 Likes

That’s where I get mine from! It’s Merino, I think. Love it! Works great for me. I have some 100% wool that is really soft and kind of falls apart. Not sure if all of it is like that, but the merino is what I used on my little critters too.

3 Likes

This is who I buy felt from a lot over many years - very trusted seller, communicative, will answer questions before/after purchase, etc. Her felt never splits on me. Feltonthefly

Another i have used over years of crafting is sweetemmajean, she has different blends than feltonthefly, and a different colors & bundles. Also very helpful & communicative & trusted.

4 Likes

thank you!

and @AIMR I will message you

3 Likes

Oops ha ha, emmajean was already mentioned. :woozy_face:

3 Likes

Haha. Everyone mentions her! That’s why I bought from her initially. Of course I went to the right shop but bought the wrong stuff! :sweat_smile: :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

Feltonthefly does various kits with different artists, like my favorite pincushion crafter. Just gorgeous stuff!

4 Likes

I get wool felt from a local place. It’s expensive but I only use little pieces of it so it lasts forever. It is much nicer to work with than most craft felt but a few badges I’ve received have been made with acrylic felt and they look great. Did you know, you can even felt acrylic sheets, like with a felting needle? It works almost the same.

3 Likes

I did not know that! I’ve never tried felting with a needle, I’ve only done embroidery and applique type things with felt. I banned myself from trying any new crafts, but now you’ve given me another reason to bend on needle felting.

I’ve got a weird assortment of felt (various types) and felted wool scraps, and even though I use it for things, it does seem impossible to use it all up! I think my bag of felt has been with me through at least 2 husbands and 7 house moves, lol. Pretty sure I need to get some more colours though …

6 Likes

:flushed:

Lol, this is a fun measure for craft supplies!

5 Likes

My felt came today! Thickness seems good. Maybe I should do a test badge… :thinking:

This is me, too. I claimed some in the STS one year…no clue fiber content…

11 Likes

Hahaha - Mr jemimah is number three. He is very understanding of craft supplies, and positively encourages SABLE.

@Abbeeroad, so pretty!! :open_mouth:

5 Likes

Nice, @Abbeeroad !

I actually have a few really cute Christmas felt doll patterns that were gifted to me…I do like the thicker felt for that. Yeah, felt never goes away…I sent out two packages to share and today, I can’t even tell that the pile went down at all…

However, I am going to buy more black and red…honestly, just those TWO colors.

6 Likes

sent in my questionnaire - felt - can’t pass that up.
I have plenty but yet looking at those links felt the urge to order just a bit more. I did not though. at least yet.

6 Likes

today is the last day for signups! I will send out partners in the morning.

4 Likes

Just have to join this one…

6 Likes