Sunny the Dog - Poseable felt doll

I have been joking that I am making new friends in quarantine. LOL! I saw some patterns for handsewn felt creatures before everything went sideways. I always said I hated hand sewing but thought they were so cute that I would attempt some. I am so glad I did!!! I am rather enjoying sewing with felt. It’s nice to have a project that I can do while sitting with my cat watching TV. :blush:
I named this guy Sunny. He’s a golden lab. He was my first one. I took forever on him because I was having to learn all the stuff for felt. I am really happy with how he turned out. I think he is adorable!

He has a little knapsack with 3 bones inside that he takes with him on his adventures around my house, just in case he gets hungry.

Sorry for the picture overload. I was smitten.

Side views.

and for size reference.

and here he is with his new bff, Finn!

recently Sunny was hanging out with his friend Lionel and asked for a pair of britches. I made him his own pair.

18 Likes

He looks just as cute as I thought! Did you stitch and turn him? That’s an extra mile for sure. I usually just whip stitch felt.

The bone satchel is so fun!

1 Like

The head is stitched and turned, the body was whip stitched. I need to learn to blanket stitch (I think that is what it is called) next.

1 Like

STOPPPPP! He is the sweetest! His little bag of bones. Dying!

1 Like

You should be smitten! He’s utterly adorable. Well done.

1 Like

He is so, so cute! He has a vintage look to him… Did you use a new pattern or a vintage one?

1 Like

It was newer. I got it off Etsy.

2 Likes

He is so cute! He has such a sweet little face and I love that he’s poseable!

1 Like

Adorable! I love the knapsack and the bones. He is WAY cute…

1 Like

So darling! I can see why you’re smitten!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Those are so stinking adorable! The knapsack takes the cake. :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

OMG - adorable!!! I do love that little bone sack too!

1 Like

Love that you are exploring new crafts! He and his BFF are really cute!

Felt is very fun and forgiving to work with…I bet you are now hooked!

Hope to see more of your little adventures in felt…I saw the snap in the first pic and was wondering if it was a little knapsack! It is just a clever little accessory!

1 Like

How hard were the patterns? I making felt dolls.

1 Like

Probably super simple for you since you do embroidery and know all the stitches already. The dog is the easiest, and he is pretty easy. The Loch Ness had a lot of fiddly little parts. I recommend getting the nicer materials, like wool stuffing instead of the poly stuff, and wool felt instead of the cheaper Michael’s store stuff.

Thanks! I might have to make the little dog.

1 Like

His ears are SO precious! And the bone sack, hahaha!

1 Like

Thanks. I am not sure if I did the ears 100% correctly, but I thought they looked nice.

Omg he IS adorable! Love it!!!

1 Like