Firework Scrubbies-F&T 2020 Q1 Contest Entry, Spring Greening March 2020

These 100% cotton scrubbies are reusable and would light up the sky on the 4th of July. After cleaning your dishes, you can throw these in the dishwasher or washer machine. Scrub-a-dub-dub! Scrubbies to use in the basin tub! For light to medium stuck on food, these everyday scrubbies will make cleaning your dishes easy as Pi!

I combined 2 yarns to make these firework scrubbies:

10 Likes

I saw this yarn yesterday at hobby lobby and was so tempted to buy some! You may have motivated me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@bethntim You may want to check out these scrubbies, as well. 2 Tie Dye Scrubbies

2 Likes

I love how you combined the white yarn. It really makes the colorful stitches stand out even more.

3 Likes

That yarn is so hard on the hands but it really is so excellent for scrubbing!

1 Like

@Magpie, it’s not if you make all your scrubbies on a round loom and thread your yarn through a straw or loom knitting pen, as I do. There are only 4 times in the project I have to touch the yarn. The beginning–enough to thread the yarn through a needle, the first row to get it started, the last row where I place the first row back on the loom and then to rethread the needle to secure the scrubbie to knit it off. Plus, both these yarns are 100% cotton, this is not the polyester yarn I used for my other scrubbies but the method I use is the same for all. Using the straw or loom knitting pen allows me to go around the loom faster and saves my hands from touching much yarn at all in my projects.

1 Like

They make yarn just for scrubbies? That’s so cool. I love how yours turned out. It makes me happy when practical items are also lovely.

1 Like

Wow! These are really pretty and useful, I love them.

Hey Friends! There’s just a few more hours left to vote in this challenge. You can vote in the Fiber & Textile Spring Greening Challenge.

And while you’re at it, why not stop by and vote in the Decorative & Functional Spring Cleaning with a Twist Challenge which closes tomorrow, and the Art Miniaturize My Craft Challenge, which closes Tuesday.**