First two eggs of 2020

Every year, I tell myself “I’m going to get started on egg decorating super early this year!”

And, every year, I don’t. And it’s not like riding a bike, so they start off a bit rusty…

But here are my first two pysanky eggs for this year…

31 Likes

Yaki harni pysanky! (What nice pysanky!) Those are gorgeous, and I am in awe of your mad skills.

1 Like

Woooooow :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Is this where you use the wax, like batiking? If so my mom used to do that.
Those are really nice.

1 Like

Gorgeous!
Do you use the traditional raw eggs, or fake ones? I’d hate to destroy all that work blowing the egg!

1 Like

Thanks for the comments!!

@Subee Yes! It’s like batik, with layers of beeswax and dye. :slight_smile:

@steiconi, I use real eggs, but I cheat and blow out the shell first. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I cover the hole with wax, so I always have a weird white circle around the hole, but I’d rather do that than mess it up later.

3 Likes

Ooooh! Those are so pretty! Your designs are quite intricate. And I can almost smell the beeswax… mmmmmm! :honeybee:
:honey_pot:

3 Likes

These are impressive! How long does one normally take you?

2 Likes

They are stunning!
You did an amazing job.

2 Likes

Ugh they are so PERFECT! You are incredible. I’ve tried making pysanky eggs before. Its pretty hard to make them so perfect! They’re beautiful!

1 Like

Wow, those are absolutely gorgeous!

1 Like

Those are so beautiful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Beautiful!!! So much work.

1 Like

Amazing work!!! :open_mouth:

1 Like

You have mad skills! These are BEAUTIFUL!

1 Like

Perfection! My goodness, how beautiful are those?

1 Like

Whoa, this is amazing!

1 Like

I’ve always been in awe of pysanky eggs. I grew up in an area with a large Ukrainian immigrant population so they were kind of a cultural staple but was never brave enough to make an attempt. These are absolutely beautiful.

1 Like

Absolutely breathtaking! The pink and blue egg is just stunning.

1 Like

Crikey! That’s some egg talent! Wowie zowie!

1 Like