Fleece scrap monsters - Monster Jam 2020!

Years ago I backed a tshirt quilt with fleece squares cut out of ugly pull overs from the thrift store. This giant blanket now lives on my teenmanboy’s bed and is a great memory quilt to reminisce over.
Afterwards, there was a lot of fleece scrap that wasn’t much good for anything on it’s own so I started piecing it all together and was inspired to create these scrappy monsters.

Even the scrappiest scraps were used for hair.

They each got a heart made from the tshirt scraps of the quilt.

You can play along with Monsters too!

16 Likes

So adorable! Their hair is great! I love that they look like they are at a dance party.

2 Likes

Nice!!

2 Likes

Lovey dovey cuddle creatures!!

1 Like

I vividly remember how much I admired your variety in making these and the sweater monsters…you were a machine!!!

To be honest, I think you were probably the original creator of the Ninni Monsters because you had hearts on your monster way before they were a trend!

Thanks for this lovely memory…

1 Like

Y’all need to take a closer look at that photo. There is something there I never post online. The cutest thing of the bunch in my humble opinion :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Definitely a cutie!

1 Like

She’d just cut her own hair here, see the bangs? LOL, classic.

2 Likes

Even those.

What happened to all the little monsters?

(and i saw her laying there)

1 Like

She is on a scrappy cushion and under a scrappy quilt! LOL.

I had a holiday show at the Windsor Public Library and sold all of those monsters along with a massive quantity of tissue cosies and other scrappy goods. I don’t usually sell my work as I don’t enjoy that process but I went overboard with projects when the girl was little and I stayed at home with her. What do you do with all that stuff? There aren’t enough friends and family to give it all away to, ha!

1 Like

Raining Monsters for sure!

1 Like

Your monsters are awesome! I love how much energy and personality they have! Feeling inspired :rainbow:

1 Like

These are so cute. I imagine you had a great time coming up with new combinations and personalities. I’m glad they found families!

1 Like

It’s a whole family of monster goodness! :heart:

1 Like

The details on these are amazing. I love all of the scrappy hair and those noses! They’re so cute.

1 Like