6 Geekybookworm gozer 2/20 2/23
7 lynx geekgirl 2/20 2/23
8 irid3sc3nt kwality
9 kwality roler
kwality irid3sc3nt
10 Tapestry jeanneleigh 2/14 2/17
Tapestry gozer 2/14 2/21
5 Likes

I received my amazing magnets from @Tapestry today!
First, the super cute card and stickers (the hedgie is sparkly!)

And the magnets:

I adore the demon! He has such personality! The bluebird, dinosaur, lizard, and patterns are all so nicely done - I really appreciate the different media you used to make them. I have them displayed and smile every time I walk past them - thank you so much! I’m so pleased these are the start of my crafty collection.

11 Likes

I especially love the bird and mosaic tile one!

Great start!

3 Likes

I love that dinosaur! And the demon and mosaic are cool.

2 Likes

That mosaic one is really cool!

2 Likes

Cute! I really like the lizard and the demon especially!

2 Likes

A long post about the lizard and all the ways it went wrong:

I did discover a new technique I may eventually do something with though.

The patterned magnet is alcohol ink on polymer clay topped with an embossing powder design and pen detail. The demon is watercolor (sealed). The bird is a gouache cutout on scrapbooking paper. And the dinosaur is faux ceramic made with polymer clay.

3 Likes

I received today from @jeanneleigh!! Ah! I love everything so much.

A super cool knitting magnet, an awesome (upcycled?) flower, and one of her amazing mandalas, with some sticker extras.

I tried to get another shot of the mandala. The center is just amazing!

But these two…these two are so me!! They could not be more perfect.

Thank you so much Jeanne!!

10 Likes

I’m so glad you like them! :blush:

1 Like

I also received some awesome magnets from @jeanneleigh today! I adore every single one! The Tardis is my favorite but only by a teeny, tiny margin because each is so perfect!

And bonus, two bookish stickers!

9 Likes

I’m so glad you like them! :blush:

1 Like

What a fabulous set of magnets!

2 Likes

@jeanneleigh – Your magnets are wonderful! The mandala one is so beautiful with the galaxy center! I also love the craft beer one. Do you have a glow forge? Your writing is so neat on the Live, love knit, and Lisa and the rose are wonderful! The little hedgehog is so sweet and so neatly done. I don’t know if I could have kept white felt that pristine! The Tardis is so nicely done. All those details in such a small space! And the dragon is cool. Amazing magnets! I love them all. You have two very lucky partners!

3 Likes

The precision of the lines gets me because I know I could never be that precise. In my magnets, the greek border on the Percy Jackson magnet is so perfect! The lettering on Wibbly Wobbly so sharp and clean! The teeny details on the watercolor Tardis are so beautifully done. Each is a tiny work of art. @jeanneleigh - I’m envious of your precision!

3 Likes

Thanks for all the compliments! I do have a Glowforge - it’s a great tool! I really like it for cutting shapes to exact measurements.

3 Likes

Love the mandala and the hedgehog is so cute!

1 Like

I received from @Tapestry! She sent me an amazing package. You can tell she had fun and I was lucky enough to get them.
First up, the card and stickers. The card is so cool. It has an embossed texture.

And now the magnets. Group shot on my fridge!

This beautiful star magnet. The white parts are embossed, and the background is a beautiful iridescent.

A stunning mosaic cat. Cats are my heart. Love the colors.

This adorable monster! Just look at how happy he looks! The back was flat so you couldn’t see the magnet. I love this little guy!

A majestic, magical unicorn in the mist! Lovely work on this ethereal piece.

And the coup de grâce is this amazing mushroom magnet! She sculpted the most fantastic mushrooms. If my sister sees this, she will steal it! Nope, all mine! Its so gorgeous with the little butterfly!

I loved everything. You went out of your way to make each magnet unique and fun. Thank you so much.

11 Likes

So glad you like them! The hedgehog card is from a different swap and I can’t for the life of me remember who made it! :confused: I swear I’m going to start writing names on the back of things as soon as I receive them. But it’s lovely and wonderful and I love handmade notecards.

1 Like

So creative! I love the little monster and the 3d mushrooms are absolutely inspired! :heart_eyes:
The stars, unicorn and cat are fantastic too!

@gozer, what a gorgeous package you received!
@tapestry, whoa! Those mushrooms are top notch! Love the majestic unicorn! The monster is just perfect for gozer! It’s fun seeing the cat after reading your post about the lizard! And, oh, my stars!

Phenomenal package!

2 Likes