Front door Winter/Christmas wreath - Green Holiday “Greens” 2022 Entry

I have been using a wreath every winter for 20 years that a friend made from grapevines from her property in Florida. Love it! But I moved to a place with a brown door, and it disappears against that door. So the last few years I have been pondering a white wreath for this door. This summer I cruised Pinterest, and finally decided on something to try. I had the yarn & trees & bells in my stash, bought the lights & the wreath form, and I whipped it up this past week. (Oops, need to go center it on the door again! I knocked it askew when i was juggling bags of groceries & keys & trying to open the door)

It is very simple: loopy yarn wrapped around the form. Tutorials said to glue, but i thought why? I can just tie the yarn on the form! Easier to adjust later. Then I used white embroidery thread to tie the trees on, too. The LED lights just wrap around too - the battery packs hang behind the wreath. I used 4 skeins of the loopy yarn. I will need to refluff the loops in a couple days, after manhandling it to finish crafting & hanging it up. I am very happy with it! Really stands out at night, and in daylight it looks so poofy & cute.

In progress pics:

Adding the trees & lights:

Back view

Front

Adding the bells by simply tying them onto loops in the back:

27 Likes

Floofy!

1 Like

This is adorable!

1 Like

Love that big yarn! You created a lovely scene!

1 Like

I love yarn-wrapped wreaths, and yours is outstanding! The loopy yarn makes the whole thing look like snow, and the lights are beautiful!

1 Like

Oh it does look really nice against your door! Especially with the lights. It’s magical! Simple but super cute!

1 Like

This came out fabulously! Shouldn’t you enter it into the contest?? Yes you should!

2 Likes

very nice

1 Like

The wreath is brilliant, and it looks so good! So damn fluffy! Great job.

1 Like

I would never have guessed this was yarn.

1 Like

Fabulous!! It’s soo fluffy!!

And Yes! A perfect entry for our Green “Greens” Challenge!

2 Likes

OMG! This is The Thing for your door! It looks great day or night, too! And YES - you gotta enter this in the Green “Greens” Challenge!

2 Likes

I had not seen that! Thanks!

1 Like

Entering it now! Thanks!

1 Like

And today it snowed! And my white wreath feels even more appropriate. :wink: When i get a break from work i will pop out for a snow photo. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The loopy yarn makes that look like an extra special snow-scape. Love the lights you added for nighttime. It’s a wonderful addition to your door! :snowflake: :mountain_snow: :two_hearts:

1 Like

My little cottage in a collection of cottages, snow coming down! Tiny icy flakes, but steadily building all day.

5 Likes

So pretty! I love it with or without the lights and I that it is so clean and simple yet really pops! Great job.

1 Like

This is really, really cute!

:sparkles: :tada: :sparkles: Congratulations!! This amazing project is one of this week’s featured projects!! :sparkles: :tada: :sparkles:

1 Like