Galaxy Skirt

I have started doing some pattern testing with Ellie and Mac digital patterns. This week they have on their wacky Wednesday sale (which now last a week) the Be Smart Jumper in both adult and doll size along with some other fun patterns. The patterns are digital downloads so you have to print them and tape them. Though they are getting a lot of their patterns set up to work with projectors. I do have an affiliate link directly to the Wacky and free patterns they have currently Wacky & Free Patterns – Ellie and Mac

But here is the skirt I made for myself and the one I made for my American girl doll. The doll is Jess who was doll of the year in 2006 and had a fun story. But more importantly I got the fabric I used from Knitpop. This was a super quick sew. I even added in a pocket. The pattern has you make a full circle skirt and I cut a line from waist to hem before any sewing and added the pocket. I didn’t really look at any instructions. I just peeked at some other patterns to make sure I knew what I was doing.

13 Likes

How fun! I love that galaxy fabric and it looks great as a skirt on you (and your AG doll!).

1 Like

Thank you! I really love how it turned out.

1 Like

Galaxy fabric is so pretty…never thought to make clothing out of it! Cute and fun!

Your doll looks like she benefited from the extra fabric as well!

1 Like

You’re both adorable in this skirt!

1 Like

Looking good! Galaxy is a nice pattern!

1 Like

Thank you! I hadn’t ordered from knit pop before and was seeing what sort of prints they had. And once I saw the Galaxy I had to have it!!

Um, I love this more than I can express. I also love that you made a matching one for your doll. I don’t have an American Girl doll, but I made a few outfits for my niece and LOVED it. That fabric is phenomenal! You look phenomenal!!!

1 Like

Thank you!! I have really meant to make more things for my dolls. And I saw they had the matching patterns and decided that I could be a little silly and match my doll as an adult.

1 Like

Adorable, both of you. And I love the starry lights in the background. The skirt looks so comfy and fun to wear.

1 Like

Thank you! I had gotten a set of curtain string lights from Amazon and they make a cute back drop for pictures. And it’s a super comfy skirt! And once the paper pieces are together a very fast pattern to make.

Very cute on both of you!

1 Like

Thank you!!