GALentines day cards, using the good things

I have an awful lot of paper crafty stash despite not being much of a papercrafter. Besides the obvious things I have hoarded items like old greeting cards and post cards I’ve received, pretty stamps, and my old paper dolls. I pulled it all out when crafting for the GALentines swap.

The card blanks and envelopes were bought for this, and I accidentally got some more washi tape when I bought the cards, but the rest was from stash.

First card, featuring a washi tape background and a cute dog from an old birthday card. The washi tape wanted to peel off so I sealed it with decoupage varnish.

I really wanted to use some of the paper doll clothes for this. The purse was a bit damaged in the handle so I hid it away a bit. Paper doll outfit, origami paper, saved stamps from a swap package, and cherry blossom stickers.

This paper doll had a lot of interesting outfits and I picked one of the brightest. Paper doll outfit, origami paper, and sparkly rainbow stickers.

I had fun using the good things and getting out of my comfort zone while crafting these.

18 Likes

Paper doll outfits! Brilliant.

2 Likes

Those are some pretty fun ideas for cards!

1 Like

These are so much fun!

1 Like

These are so nice! You’ve inspired me to rethink some of my stash of vintage greeting cards. Hmmmmm. :thinking:

1 Like

These are great. I love the creativity!

1 Like

Very cute ideas!

1 Like

These are so neat! I especially love the doggo one.

I love the idea of re-using parts of greeting cards to make new greeting cards. I tend to keep all cards that have heartfelt handwritten messages inside, but the ones that are just signed I end up recycling. I think I may start saving them to incorporate into new cards. You’ve inspired me :heart:

2 Likes

:sun_with_face: :rainbow: Woo hoo! Your cool craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :rainbow: :sun_with_face:

1 Like

These are so fun and unique! I have the red doll dress one. Did you know already that I very much like postage stamps or was that a happy coincidence?

Hm… I don’t remember if I came across that or not. I did stalk your pinterest a little bit. Could also be that I like postage stamps and it looked god with that dress.

I used to collect them, but now I just keep the pretty and interesting ones around with a vague intention to craft with…

1 Like