Giant Snake Stuffie

Each year I try do do a big back to school cleaning session with my kids. To get rid of all the school stuff that is no longer needed and to throw out everything old and broken.

When we finished the deep cleaning his room my middle one created a reading corner with blankets and pillows and most of his plushies.

So when his birthday came around last week I thought of making a bean bag chair. But then I remembered the first sewing book I ever owned. I got it in the early 90s and there was only one project in there that I really liked. But as a kid that was way beyond my capabilities.
Here’s the picture

So now I used some of my stash to make this

I used leftovers from several old projects I made for him, like baby carriers and swaddle blankets.
And he likes it

43 Likes

That is absolutely amazing! I love it and I’m sure he does too. I love that you used leftovers from previous projects making it have more meaning too.
SUPER CUTE!!!

3 Likes

That rocks so hard! Love it!

1 Like

That is REALLY cute!! Looks comfy too!

1 Like

This is AWESOME! I’d like to echo that I’m amazed that your fabric was reused from your stash. Absolutely gorgeous.

1 Like

Wow! So cool :grinning: it’s huge! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

swoon! Be still my little Slytherin heart! This is awesome on several levels: 1. that photo! so funny! 2. Revisiting fabrics from projects past. 3. Giant snake chair that uncoils to play with. So awesome!

4 Likes

Functional and fun! This is great.

1 Like

It’s a great project. Made even greater because you liked it as a kid, then got to make it for your own kid later on. I love that.

4 Likes

This is wonderful!!!

1 Like

Thanks
@roler I tried sitting in it and it’s ok but it has the perfect size for my son and he says it’s comfy. Now I need to find a reading lamp for this corner and put up some wall shelves.

@PrincessP It’s almost 5 meters long and took some time to fill

9 Likes

Awesome project!

Ooh, now I want one too! Super awesome!

1 Like

What a wonderful stash buster!

1 Like

So perfect for a reading corner. And snakily comfy! Fun fabrics too. I love it.

1 Like

Very cool, I want one!
What did you use to fill it? Foam pellets, stuffing…?

1 Like

I used foam flakes and I’m glad I did.
I was thinking about styrofoam beads at first but I’ve used those before and they are a pain to work with and even worse to clean up. So I didn’t want to use them again.
With the foam the snake ended up being just the right amount of squishy/flexible and supportive.

4 Likes

This is fantastic!! I would have absolutely loved a reading nook with this snake as a child!! (still would if I’m honest :grinning:)

2 Likes

Oh wow, how neat! I love that it is a vintage project that’s come to life! I love that you’ve used pieces of his past to make this as well. Wonderful project!

1 Like

How fun!! This is so much better than a bean bag! I love that you’ve liked this project for so long and finally had the perfect opportunity to make it!

1 Like