Gingerbread Bundt Cake with Maple Cinnamon Glaze - Great LC Holiday Bakeoff 2021 Entry

Here’s my entry for the Great Lettuce Craft Bakeoff! I made a Gingerbread Bundt Cake with Maple Cinnamon Glaze. The recipe came from the Ahead of Thyme cooking blog. I have a weakness for gingerbread and spice cakes, and couldn’t resist how beautiful this one looked when I saw the recipe, especially with a maple glaze. (This New England girl loves her some quality maple syrup!) It’s topped with chopped pecans, and surrounded by the 3-Ingredient Chocolate Truffles that I’ve been making as gifts over the last few years. The recipe is easy, and provided you use allergen-free chocolate chips, they are free of the 8 major allergens, and vegan, which is perfect for me since I’m lactose intolerant. This year I made Vanilla Rum (coated in white shimmer sprinkles) and Salted Caramel Whiskey (coated in coconut palm sugar), to surround the cake and add a bit of extra glam to the cake. (I also made some Dark Chocolate Orange (coated in orange sanding sugary), which I didn’t use on this cake.) Most of the truffles will be going to neighbors over the next day or two, but the cake stays with us!

Because of the aforementioned lactose intolerance, I did swap out the dairy yogurt and milk called for in the recipe, for vanilla soy yogurt and cashew milk. I can’t wait to try a slice after dinner. For now the cake is sitting on the dining table, beside the new holiday placemats I just made. Calling to me. Taunting me…

21 Likes

That is just beautiful!

1 Like

You are star baker!

1 Like

This looks so YUMMY! I love the look of the little truffles around the base! I have some plans for some gingerbread mini bundts for Christmas Eve and this has gotten me re-pumped to bake them!

1 Like

Wow, that looks amazing?

1 Like

This looks and sounds amazing. It is so pretty.

1 Like

That looks delicious!

1 Like

Yummm!

1 Like

It looks gorgeous, it could so straight onto a magazine cover! How did it taste?

1 Like

So elegant! A virtual handshake from me means nothing but you get one anyway!

1 Like

So pretty and looks DELISH!!!

1 Like

It was amazing. We had some after dinner last night, and I mayyyyy have snuck a half slice this morning…

2 Likes