Ginormous Plesiosaurus

I didn’t have any sport weight yarn in any colors I wanted to use for this, so I used some worsted weight yarn and an E hook (pattern called for a C hook).

The pattern states this guy should be 16.5 inches long. Because I used thicker yarn and a larger hook, he’s 27 inches long! :flushed:

I want to try another one with crochet thread and see how tiny he’ll be then!

31 Likes

Adorably big for a crochet critter and adorably wee for a plesiosaurus!

2 Likes

That’s awesome! I love the color, it was worth using a different type yarn for!

1 Like

Hes adorable!! What pattern did you use?

1 Like

Such a fun huge friend!

1 Like

He is so fantastic, I love him

1 Like

I bought this book a while back. You can buy the individual patterns, but it’s way cheaper to buy the book if you like more than one or two of the patterns.

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/dinosaurs-mammoths-and-more-prehistoric-amigurumi/patterns

3 Likes

More to hug! Sometimes it is fun to get a happy surprise by trying different yarns and hooks!
Turned out cute!

1 Like

Did we just become best friends? Yup.

It feels wrong that I can only heart this once. I love it so much. I think it is absolutely incredible and makes me wish that yarn didn’t hate me so much.

5 Likes

Hmmm… sounds like @gozer needs a plesiosaur…

Which is totally understandable because this is AWESOME!

2 Likes

If he’s tiny and you put a pipe cleaner in, he’d have a fun moveable neck!

2 Likes

Oooh. Clever idea!

3 Likes

It does have pipe cleaner in the neck, but for the size, it’s not strong enough. The pattern calls for twisting two pipe cleaners together, fold them in half, twist together a little more, put into neck and stuff around the pipe cleaner. I did that, but added another two pipe cleaners I attached to the first two. A smaller toy would probably work better with the pipe cleaner. This larger one needed a thicker wire.

3 Likes

Cute! I love his little snoot.

2 Likes

Congratulations! This has been selected as one of this week’s featured projects!

3 Likes

Love this big guy!

2 Likes