Halloween Advent - Gallery

Oh my goodness that octopus is fabulous! I love the title!

So. Many. Details! I could spend the whole month looking at the bunting and countdown cards and still spot new bits!

2 Likes

@KarenLouiseM I absolutely love how you created a spooky display for an entire month! Each number is so unique. Have you been gathering them for long? I adore little 24. What an epic gift - I hope it gets it’s own post!! It’s so fabulous, everyone needs to sigh over it!

1 Like

That countdown… wowzers!!!

1 Like

@Immaculata, the little tree stump vase I have used for small tools, and as a bud vase, or even to hold air plants. I hope that you like it. :heart:

1 Like

I love it! It’s so tiny and the pattern is very intricate. I took the picture with my embroidery scissors to show the scale. I love that it has a fall vibe but can be displayed all year. (Everything can be displayed year-round of course, in my friend’s house it’s Halloween 365 days a year!)

I went back to my hotel room during lunch to get my umbrella and couldn’t resist opening it. I figured I’d post about it after dinner like the other days, but you already discovered the picture!

Hope you liked the stroopwafels! If they already mysteriously disappeared before you could eat them, you may get a second chance some time this week!

Such awesome stuff being received. I love that countdown calendar and the banner. And the felt ornament-amazing stitching of the words. The zombie ATCs are such fun and the batty pillow is great.

And I need those embroidered patches in my life!

1 Like

I do have quite a collection of Halloween bits - although it’s dwindling since Covid! 24 is a scrapbook paper cut apart (I think it was Authentique) with a flatback resin pumpkin (AliExpress).

2 Likes

@curiousfae! Those halloween cards are epic! How did you make the silhouettes?

So much paper Halloween goodness! And such a well thought out project.

1 Like

Water leak solidarity! It always manages to get the stuff you think is in a safe dry place!

Also, those masks are most excellent!

I’m sorry you had to go through it! We got lucky, nothing damaged that mattered!

those halloweeny masks are fabulous. I love ‘resting witch face’

1 Like

@Edel I love the hat! You’re not going to get cold anytime soon with that hat and shawl.

I got the most gorgeous magnets today :black_heart: I actually have a bit of a collection on the fridge, so that’s where they are going to live!

The Baba Yaga House is amazing! One of my favorite fairy tales!

2 Likes

It was pretty simple. The hardest part was keeping it balanced :wink: It started as one of those paperboard birdhouses (I got it at a thrift store; but, I think I’ve seen them in the dollar bins at Michael’s). The house was covered with paper clay. The legs were made of wire, mounted to a piece of chipboard and then covered in paper clay. The house was glued to the chipboard. The book it’s glued to is just a kiddy board book with a photocopy of an old fairy tale book as a cover. Shingles are paper and it’s all painted with acrylics. That’s about it. :grin:

3 Likes

Oh that’s all?!?! Lol. You make it seem so easy. Regardless it’s your attention to all the little details that really makes your work that much better. So good!!

3 Likes

@KarenLouiseM

KAREN.LOUISE.M.

That Baba Yaga house is EXCELLENTITO, indeed!! I see the houses, but have never picked one up to make with. I am sighing with happiness!

She said…‘that’s about it’. Hahah! You wild, KLM

2 Likes

I know you are a quilter, but [at the time] my machine was put up, so while I wanted to use the EPP style, I had to apply it to a different medium. And I love the clean, modern look of these guys. I felt like it was a good mix of your preference and style.

Here the inspiration blog:

1 Like

I got another lovely ornament! Now I’m home I’m moving them every ten minutes to figure out in which place they look best.

1 Like