Halloween Advent - Gallery

They are great. I am going to have to try something like that in fabric. Trying to keep my craft room today for house viewings though, so by the time I get to it, it’ll be next Halloween!

2 Likes

@Immaculata, I promise there are only two of those ornaments. :slight_smile: I thought they needed a buddy. lol

1 Like

They are cute enough to make a dozen of them, each one just a little bit different!

I was kind of joking to my friend that I need a Halloween tree because I have quite a few ornaments now and Google tells me it’s an actual thing! :open_mouth: I was thinking maybe a dead branch from the garden but apparantly some people just get their Christmas tree out early and decorate it for Halloween.

I loved today’s pincushion as well. There’s a theme to my collection of pincushions!

Left one is made by me, right one is from a Prairie Schooler swap - I can’t look it up on the dead place anymore but I think it was made by @curiousfae ??

4 Likes

A friend of mine got a black sparkly x-mas style tree to put up for all the holidays.

1 Like

I did!!! So happy to see it put to good use.

1 Like

The pincushion is so cute! And the stamps are so well done!

1 Like

I still use it every day and I still get so many jealous looks from the ladies in my sewing circle!

So many excellent new gifties. I love those hand-carved stamps!

3 Likes

@chameleonhound…random question , but do you happen to know who Helena Bonham Carter? And do you like her?

2 Likes

I had to look her up but I do recognize her from The King’s Speech and several Tim Burton movies that I also enjoy. I think she did well in Sweeney Todd, especially the songs that don’t include breathing points. Why do you ask? Did I miss a reference? I do that a lot. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Well, if you are not a fan of hers I didn’t want to say it, but your cowl photo really struck me as similar. IMHO a striking resemblance.

Time for HOLLYWOOOOOOODD

3 Likes

I’m glad you like your cowl @chameleonhound! It’s double knit with two skeins of yarn. I’m not a very good knitter so I did that one on a loom. With the skulls being on only one side of the scarf, You can flip it and wear it when it is NOT Halloween, if you don’t want them showing.

The clips on the earrings are vintage. Perhaps that’s why that style is unfamiliar? The spiders and such are new, though.

And don’t feel badly about the notebook! I love the one you sent! Plus I was fortunate enough to find that one already made- I only had to change out the ribbon and add some Halloween-y embellishments! I got lucky is all.

I didn’t notice the HBC similarity immediately but now that @JoyfulClover mentions it… yeah I have to agree! I just watched her in Enola Holmes, on Netflix. Excellent movie, highly recommend! :grin:

3 Likes

I also love the cowl and HBC. Enola Holmes was excellent, I just wish HBC had had more screen time. :wink:

2 Likes

Agreed! But Millie Bobbie Brown did SUCH a great job!!

1 Like

Oh yes, she was fabulous. One to keep an eye on for sure.

1 Like

Yes. Which I confess made me open a package late last night. (Yes, making 2 in one day!). I may or may not have felt a little rebellious and a lot giddy about it.

Then I woke up today and realized now I couldn’t open one today! ** wailing ** I betrayed myself.

So now I will wait patiently. Because they look so tempting. But I may have gently squeezed them all.

6 Likes

I got the cutest ornament today! I need to find a better place to hang it to take a better picture. It’s a 3D witch ornament that’s too big to hang from a nail.

The first week had small gifts in tiny organza gift bags, but we’re in the second week with large satin gift bags now! They look homemade. I will definitely reuse all those cute gift bags!

1 Like

lol, I intended to use the star bags for everything but didn’t really consider the size. I threw the satin bags together very last minute. I figured you could repurpose them somehow. lol

1 Like

They will be perfect for Christmas gifts! I want to knit a few pairs of socks and these are the perfect size.

I’ve updated the ornament picture, found the perfect place now!

1 Like

Glad you could find a place for the pumpkin! I intended to tell you it could be used as pin cushion but forgot.

1 Like