Halloween Advent - Gallery

Can I just say you guys are all a bunch of serious over achievers in this swap!

5 Likes

@chameleonhound I’m glad you enjoyed The Room! There are sequels, as well! It’s such a well done game… I find myself entranced every time I visit that world! They are coming out with a new VR version… I think next year! I don’t think I’ve been so excited about a game in the history of EVER.

I’m glad you like the bunting! The tarot cards play a role in The Room Two!

I think my favorite verse in the necklace is this one about Dr. Jack Horner. It was so fun to put that together!

3 Likes

Yes absolutely! @artsycandice has truly spoiled me! Today I had a painting! :open_mouth: She’s so talented in so many different crafts.

1 Like

Awww.
Tee hee hee… just wait… the last three are the pinnacle of this package. Muahahahaha!

1 Like

@Immaculata, I want to let you know that I pre-washed all the fabric of the table runner before assembling it. So if you should need to wash it, it will be fine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are so thoughtful! I really love it. And everything else you’ve made :slightly_smiling_face: I can’t wait to open the last 3!

1 Like

The spiderweb necklace is so cool!!

1 Like

You did not lie, that’s for sure! It’s so small and detailed and perfectly stitched! There are so many fun details.

@JoyfulClover I’m not sure if I told you where that orange fabric came from. In Thailand you can go to the local supermarket and buy a set of Buddhist monks robes. Much like we’d buy a tee-shirt. So when I was there (about 16 years ago) of course I did. That piece of fabric is some part of what a monk would wear.

2 Likes

@Edel - you did not! But I love that information! It looks similar to a linen, but probably a cotton. I love the feel between my fingers, and will always think of the monks, now that I know! Thank you for giving me something so precious!

1 Like

I am in complete awe if the projects here. So much inspiration!

2 Likes

@artsycandice that trick or treating bunny is SO CUTE!

1 Like

I can’t believe it’s all over. le sigh

@Edel - you’re my Irish Sister for sure! Thank you so much for asking! I love everything you sent and have already started hanging/place items around my home.

@curiousfae Those Halloween silhouette cards are AMAZEBALLS! I might just have to reach out about these in the near future. And can we discuss that frame? yeah, that’s some good work there!

@thanate the skeleton hands crown is so much fun! so functional and creepy! great job!

@chameleonhound - I already raved, but your pocket letter is SO FREAKING COOL! ha! Idea and execution completely on POINT! Your felt hoop made me laugh - I like you used a vintage hoop, too. It really lent itself to the project. and now this is just getting crazy - because the necklace? What a twist that is! Jane Austen Frankensteins? GOOD GRIEF, THOSE ARE CLEVER! I really appreciate the muted look, as it feels like something from a silent movie. and jointed? GAH! Incredibly stylized. and don’t get me started on the dancing skeleton.

@momiemae the mummy kitten plaque made me laugh. Something that doesn’t scream Halloween, yet clearly is. Very undercover!

@Bunny1kenobi I am so intrigued by The Room banner. It looks so intriguing! But your dystopian book necklace is BRILLIANT! I had never heard of it, but have added it to something I will have to use later. I really love you used the grey fabrics and findings. raw edges really lent itself to the project. great execution. I’m also intrigued by how you were able to make the horse dimensional?

@Immaculata I like your fabric stamping, particularly the mug rug with the stark winter scene against the full moon. Did you carve the stamps you used?

@artsycandice the 3d felt Halloween wonky house is just so much fun! the roof detailing and offset style vie for my favorite bits. But that bunny! OH MY MY! this little one makes my heart happy! Is this your pattern?

@KarenLouiseM The fridge Bushytail siblings just squeeze at my heart. I 100% would dress those wee babies in Halloween and that would be DONE. Your assemblage witch…ohhhh, me. she is truly wonderful. I love assemblage so much, and she is just CRAZY COOL! I hope she gets her own thread, for sure!

Thanks to everyone of you for making this an epic Halloween Swap! I don’t know about ya’ll, but all the crazy frustration and imagining and solutioning is always worth it. I can’t believe it’s a whole year until we can swing again!

JClove

3 Likes

ladies! @geekgirl and @marionberries - Did ya’ll see the witchy assemblage by KarenLouiseM? Scroll down, it’s towards the end of the post.

2 Likes

That is super cool @KarenLouiseM love that assemblage work! And that Baba Yaga hut is FANTASTIC!

(I knew there would be cool stuff in this gallery but I haven’t been checking it out because of my arachnophobia and the possibility of seeing something I didn’t want to see)

3 Likes

Partially. I found the drawing online then re-drew it and embroidered it as I chose. So, someone else’s illustration with my interpretation in thread. :slight_smile: Thank you

2 Likes

Yeah. Sorry. I made something you don’t want to see, so you were wise to avoid.

1 Like

@JoyfulClover Thank you so much for hosting! This swap was a real blessing. Crafting helped keep my mind off all the scary stuff out there. And opening a gift each day was such a bright spot in my days of cleaning up, painting & tiling after water leak. (Of course, all credit to @curiousfae for sending such amazing things!) And then seeing everyone’s makes just added another level of wonderfulness. Thanks all for being much needed bright spot!

4 Likes

@KarenLouiseM Yes, it turned out to be such a welcome distraction from all the happenings. And the openings were also daily highlights to me.

4 Likes

right back attcha! this was really fun.