I’m working on a bit of a home improvement project involving our pantry and certain kitchen cabinets. I decided that a back-of-the-door organizer on one of the pantry doors would be very helpful, thinking I had one tucked away. I did not and did not find one at one of the few places I go to shop these days.
It’s perhaps a little… louder… than I had originally intended, but I was able to make it entirely from stash and remnants. The striped/floral are curtain panels that came from a friend who bought a house that they were in and didn’t want them. They were just about the perfect size as is so I have hardly any left to deal with! I do wish I’d chosen flowers at top of the front piece instead of the back piece, but oh well.
I have had the scraps of this net material in my stash for probably at least 15 years. Left over from making lingerie bags for laundry. The scrappy bias tape was made a few years ago for a different project; I had plenty left over for this.
So far what is mostly going to be stored in this is not really what most people think of as pantry stuff: electronics accessories; cords, adapters, chargers, etc. What this accomplishes is freeing up space for more appropriate items in a drawer in our small kitchen island.
I also used Pellon’s Peltex 71F Single-sided Fusible Ultra Firm Stabilizer to give it body and rigidity which I also had just the right amount of on hand. Then I used up the last of a roll of fusible tape to tack on the fabric on the other side! It feels especially nice to not just use, but use up (or allllmost use up) stashed materials!
The last of the stash materials include the white poly single-fold bias tape on the bottom of the pouches which came in a baggie of various vintage trims picked up at a thrift store or garage sale and grommets that are from a package that was in my mom’s sewing box for as long as I remember and which I absconded with decades ago and keep putting to use. YEY!