CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2022

AH! So awesome, Edel! Congrats on the well-deserved win!

And your next proposal has been added to the AS project log. Happy making!

1 Like

Thanks @Edel and your outfit is amazing!!!

1 Like

@Edel that is an amazing outfit! And congrats on winning!

1 Like

Your costume is beautiful, @Edel! Congratulations on winning the contest!

1 Like

You look amazing Edel! Beautiful work my friend.

1 Like

I added a link to the red velvet mix to my post for the red velvet cupcakes.

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Detention Challenge - Stash
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Wish Me Chevrons Hat
Brief Description: My niece-in-law is having a birthday next month and I hadn’t made her a hat yet. So, this is the year she gets one! I used this pattern again - I really like it! Quick and cute. The yarn is from stash…a squishy hank of Malabrigo Rios that I bought over a year ago just because it was gorgeous (I still have one more in the same colorway).
Project Picture:

6 Likes

Gorgeous! I think I’m addicted to malabrigo.

1 Like

Thank you! Me, too. It’s divine. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club Ch 15
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Woven Heart Block (Pattern)
Brief Description: I’ve wanted to make this quilt block pattern for ages. I love both it’s simplicity and how you immediately know it’s a representation of those woven heart baskets. I also love that I managed to scrape together an hour this morning to put it together, just in the nick of time to make it for the Quiltalong’s Block of the Month submission. LOL
Project Picture:

6 Likes

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef - Brazil
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Brazilian Corn Chowder
Brief Description: As Godzilla’s arrival quickly approaches, I’m attempting to make some big batches of various meals for dinner, freezing the rest for when Jim & I are too tired to cook. Meanwhile on the days I swim laps, I come home so tired that I just don’t want to cook. So I’m trying to make those large batch meals in the crockpot, early in the day. I followed this recipe pretty closely, subbing in bacon for the sausage, because that’s what I had on hand, and using coconut milk in place of heavy cream to make it lactose free.
Project Picture:

6 Likes

Ah! Your block came out so awesome @MistressJennie! And that soup! :yum:

Which brings me to…The Iron Chef Challenge for March is…

March :pakistan: Pakistan - How about trying a beef biryani, shami kebab, or habshi halwa?

2 Likes

New Headmistress & Book Club prompts have been posted!

2 Likes

Challenge: Herbolgy
House: Hufflepuff
Project: Red Irish Chain Blocks, explained in more detail below. I love the red in this fabric line so much.

Challenge: History of Magic
Project: Pink Irish Chain Blocks
I have had a set of 10" fabric pieces of my favorite fabric line for ages- Ruby by Moda. But I have not dared actually use it because I ove it so much. I recently decided to take the leap and start on a quilt using it. It is going to be a multicolored Irish Chain that will be able to highlight my favorite pieces wonderfully, by keeping them at 10" in between the chain. Similar to this pattern: Irish Change Quilt Pattern by Missouri Star
Here are my completed pink squares.

Challenge: Potions
Project: Blue squares , such a relaxing color for me in a quilt. Not nearly as bright as in the picture.

7 Likes

Loving all the quilt blocks guys!

Class or Challenge Title: Alchemy
Project Name & Page Link: HST Star Block
Brief Description: Composed almost entirely of triangles, this star block will be a great addition to my scrappy batik quilt. It’s also huge, and a test run at a block I’ll be using in my Advanced Studies project.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Arithmancy
Project Name & Page Link: Disney Zipper Bags
Brief Description: We’re taking the boys to Disney this month, and I needed a way to keep our things organized while in the park. I wanted to have a change of clothes for each kid, and a small zipper bag for each of them seemed a good way to keep our bigger bags tidy. They’re just simple, squared-corner bags, just big enough to accommodate a small boy’s needs. I used some basic knowledge of how to put together a zipper pouch to cut the fabric and throw it together. Didn’t really measure anything, just made sure that edges and corners lined up, and eyeballed the rest.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Astronomy
Project Name & Page Link: Nine Patch Star Block
Brief Description: This quilt block is a star made from the inside, out. It starts with the nine patch block, and then bursts into all its glory with the addition of the next layer. It will be another addition to my scrappy batik quilt.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Flying
Project Name & Page Link: Batik Inchie HST Blocks
Brief Description: I love batik fabrics and I love scrappy quilts…So, it’s nearly impossible for me to toss even the smallest scraps of my batiks. Luckily, I have the patience of a Saint when it’s something I enjoy, and these little blocks were a thrill to make. Each HST square is 1"x1" (finished) and they’re adorable!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - Spring Greening Challenge
Project Name & Page Link: Reusable Snack Bag
Brief Description: Instead of using a single-use plastic bag, I made a linen bag to hold snacks for our theme park adventures this month. My linen scraps were just big enough for this zipper pouch, so it was a stash-busting project, too.
Project Picture:

7 Likes

Oh man, I hardly got anything crafty done in the past couple months with the baby… Maybe Ostara will have more crafty time.

2 Likes

Advanced studies Friday:
The fabric was looked at, taken out of the project bin by the 3 year old intended recipient, unfolded and draped all around the diningroom. Then piled back up for now.

But, hey, it saw some sunlight! Haha

6 Likes

Advanced studies Friday: I’m working on the back of the Fifteen Stars quilt. I have four more of the star blocks to put together, then ten smaller blocks for the sides.

5 Likes