Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2023

Yes! I remember years ago there was a tv network that did an April fools joke of s trailer for a show called The Aurors and it was beautiful and so, so disappointing when one found out it was a phony ad.
I was really hoping when they saw how successful GoT was that maybe that would get an HP ball rolling.

1 Like

Class: Detention - Stash
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Nendo Room
Project Description: This little room box was made entirely with stuff I had on hand. I had a lot of fun with it! I’ll be making some furniture for it next. The “wallpaper” is scrapbook paper I bought nearly 20 years ago that was “too precious to use” lol! (Anyone else have supplies like that?)
Project Pics:

5 Likes

Class/Challenge: Astronomy
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: 4 Coasters
Brief Description: For Astronomy class, I was inspired by the Great Square of Pegasus (4 stars of equal brightness), to crochet 4 matching coasters made from cotton yarn.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge: Charms
Project Name: Bookmarks
Brief Description: For Charms, I used glue to make some bookmarks!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge: Flying
Project Name: Cow Painting
Brief Description: For Flying class, I used a paint-by-number kit to paint a cow! It’s the first time I’ve finished a paint-by-number & it was for an event, so I made it unique with some additions inspired by a favorite video game series (Nancy Drew games).
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge: Headmistress, April Showers
Project Name: Pink Circle
Brief Description: For this challenge, I used yarn the color of new pink flowers to crochet a circle to protect furniture.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge: Hermione’s Book Club, Chapter 7
Project Name: Cotton Potholder
Brief Description: For this challenge, I wanted to make a potholder, but I wasn’t sure if I had enough yarn. I tried anyway & of course ran out. Luckily, I found a little bit of leftover yarn in a different color in my stash & was able to finish. :slight_smile:
Project Picture:

5 Likes

Nice work, you’ve been busy!

1 Like

OMG @jellybean AWESOME Sonny Joon reference! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! :smiley: I am so happy that someone recognized the reference! :grin:
I’ve been replaying the games & I have so many ideas for things to make after I finish some more WIPs.

1 Like

Class: Divination
Project Name:13 row Cardi
Project Description: I came up with a pattern to make a tiny cardi. It has 13 rows!
Project Pic:

Class: Flying
Project Name:Buttercup Dress
Project Description: I followed a pattern that listed all the tools and elements I’d need for this cute dress. You can find the pattern here.
Project Pic:

3 Likes

New Headmistress, Iron Chef, and Book Club Challenges have been posted!

2 Likes

OMG, It’s been forever since I visited LettuceCraft. Let me tell you, life is crazy busy with a toddler. :smile:
I need to take some time to scroll through all your posts, and see what I can contribute here :rofl:

4 Likes

@Abbeeroad , I am abandoning my AS (Not) Pink Fizz Sweater. I frogged the wip and started a new sweater with it in Feb.

Class: Flying
House: Slytherin :snake:
Project Name: GF Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Project Description: Bananas went too ripe, chocolate chips started to bloom. Time for muffins to prevent waste! LOL. I made some with no nuts, since I brought some to the office to share.
I followed the recipe from MamaKnowsGlutenfree.com
Project Pic:

Class: Book Club Ch 8:thrilled with outcome
Project Name: First Ever Handspun skein
Project Description: I took a spinning class to try spinning on a wheel ( I had only used drop spindle previously, and had never finished anything). I spun 2 bobbins and plied them together in one session! The skein still needs to be soaked. I can’t remember what specific type of wool it is… It’s lumpy and bumpy but I’m so proud of it!!
There isn’t a specific pattern for this craft, but here’s a basic tutorial for spinning a 2 ply yarn.

Edited to add: the wool is Romney!

Project Pic:

5 Likes

Squee! Your first plied yarn! How exciting - and the texture is gorgeous!

1 Like

Thank you!! I can’t wait to do more. I enjoy the wheel so much more than drop spindles. I picked up a used Ashford Traditional at MDSW this past weekend. Just need to replace a couple things and then I can play with it. :blush:

Speaking of, would refurbishing a wheel count for the May Challenge?

1 Like

Good to see you! I removed this proposal from the log. Feel free to propose a new one!

1 Like

~ ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: Chair Glow up
Brief Description:
This chair is a solid piece, but needs a lot of love. I will be stripping it down, refinishing or painting the wood, and replacing the vinyl upholstery with heavy cloth.
This will require some research on my part, as I have never reupholstered this particular style of chair pad. It will be a long project with all the cleaning, sanding, research, refinishing and new padding.

6 Likes

It’s got good bones - can’t wait to see what you do with it!

1 Like

Added to the log! What an interesting project. Good luck!

1 Like

Class: Potions
Project Name: Through the Witch’s Garden shawl
Ravelry page link
Project Description: a dark blue, sparkly lacey knitted shawl that I intend to enter into this year’s Grange Fair. It was an intense lace pattern, and I am very happy to be finished it!
Pattern by Rhyflowerknits , in Destination Yarns. More details in Ravelry project page.
Project Pic:

6 Likes

Wow!! What a stunner!! Good luck at the fair!

1 Like

Oh my word that’s real yarn magic!

2 Likes