Harry Potter Craftalong ~ Sept-Dec 2023

Thank you!

I can’t seem to stop knitting. It’s my new obsession, which is funny because the first time I tried to learn, I didn’t like it. I haven’t really crocheted much of anything for over a year now…two bath poufs, that’s it. Knitting is just so much easier on my joints, and it uses less yarn. Right now, I’m trying to get my Christmas knitting done in time - I have a hat and sweater on the needles, and two pairs of socks, a sweater, and another hat or two planned. :person_shrugging: Obsessed.

1 Like

I have some projects during the summer. More than I thought. :slight_smile:

Project Title: Small badger
House: Hufflepuff
I wanted a friend for when Im going camping, like a mascot. And this is the first one I made.
IMG_20230601_211720091

Project Title: Smaller badger
I thought the first badger was too big, so I made a smaller one. Here they are side by side.

Project Title: Another small badger
And while Im on it, why not make a third badger?

Project Title: Pot-polarbear
I signed up for a test-crochet, and made a small amigurumi pot-animal. :slight_smile:
IMG_20230611_105125448

Project Title: Tunisian crochet potholder
Mum liked the potholders I made for myself last year, so this year she will get a pair as a birthday gift. And here I tried making stripes, which worked very well.
IMG_20230608_145418349

Project Title: Celeste the Elephant (from Babar)
Mum asked for a Celeste for herself earlier this year, and I made one. And now she wanted one to give to her good friend, who also likes Babar, so I made one for her.

Project Title: Tiny chinese dragon
Wanted to make an easy, small dragon. Was he easy? That is up for debate. Short rows and such. The crochet went pretty fast, but the assembly… Well, he is done now, and Im so pleased with him! He is staying with me!

And thats my projects up to date. From now on, its just newly finished for me! :smiley: (So I hope this craftalong will help with the UFOs too)

4 Likes

I love all the little badgers!

1 Like

Thank you! :smiley: I have more badgers planner to make, but need to do something other so I dont get bored with them.

1 Like

Better post the socks I just finished, even though it feels like Im posting alot! :sweat_smile:

Project Title: Scrap socks for brother
I have come to the conclusion that one of my way of showing love is to make for the people I love. And who doesnt need socks (at least when living in a country with cold, snowy winter). So I made him a pair using some scrap yarn to try to make my stash smaller :smiley:

4 Likes

Project Title: Scrappy Potholders
House: Gryffindor!
LC Challenge: Talk Scrappy to Me

This bundle of scrappy items were all made for the Talk Scrappy to Me Challenge. I gave some away as raffle prizes for the Midwest Meetup, and gifts for friends. Some are still hiding in my gift cupboard for future surprises.

Scrappy Koozies & Flying Geese Koozies

Scrappy Cord Holder

Scrappy Zip Pouches

Sari Silk Trivet
I couldn’t figure out what to make for my gift for the Gift Exchange at the Meetup, till I remembered I had a beautiful skein of sari silk ribbon yarn, that I had been waiting to use for the right project. I decided to take a stab at wrapped rope trivets and bowls. I started with this large oval trivet.

Sari Silk Bowl - Small
I was having so much fun, I moved on to trying a bowl.

6 Likes

All beautiful stuff, but the bowl….wow!

2 Likes

I love all the scrappy projects!

Project Title: Dark Gray Sweater Yarn
House: Slytherin

This is the last of the dark gray roving from Sheep Shed Studios. Admittedly, I pitched a couple ounces because it got dusty when they sanded my bar top last week and I didn’t want to deal with it. I combined the two bobbins of singles while plying and ended up with this monstrous 155g/408yds hank. I’m calling my sweater spin complete with 3 pounds spun up, even if I do have 12 oz of brown left. This isn’t the nicest wool to spin.

3 Likes

@tendstowardschaos You are on fire! So many amazing projects but you made that plaid shirt?!?! I thought it was the project going to be some mending or something since it looked just like something I would buy from a shop. Amazing!

@skrutt Those badgers are so cute! And I’m blown away my that teeny tiny dragon.

@MistressJennie Those potholders look just like stained glass. So pretty!

3 Likes

Thanks!

Thank you! :smiley:

Hooray! Another term! :slight_smile: I’d like to add an advanced study project. I’m working on a roombox :slight_smile: It all came as a kit, but absolutely everything is made from scratch. I guess I should finally finish that throw for Muggle Studies, too! It’s nearly done!

~ ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: Reducio!
Brief Description: I’m making a 1:24 scale roombox from a kit. All the materials are in the kit, but everything has to be made from scratch. I’m substituting a few things to make modifications that I like better.

Inquiring minds want to know - what scale will your roombox be?

Advanced Studies project proposals still need a Header (mostly so I don’t miss them going by). Be sure to add one for me. Or go up, and adjust your last post, so I see it when I go by doing House Points sometime this week.

1 Like

@MistressJennie Thank you! I’ll adjust it. :slight_smile:

@Trillian it’s 1:24 scale. I want to do some 1:12 ones though, too :slight_smile:

Project Title: Canned Raspberry Jam

Inordinately proud of this one - I’d helped out with water bath canning growing up, but had intimidated myself out of doing it for several months. But everything worked exactly as it should and I can work through the fruit freezer stash now.

I did also get up to the first muslin for my Advanced Studies project during the break, but it fit so poorly I basically threw it down in digust. It’s probably been in time out long enough that I can safely tackle it again.

6 Likes

I hope your next muslin works out. But, yay! Jam!

Mmmm… Raspberry jam!

Project Title: Socks for nephew
Finished a pair of socks today, meant for my nephew. But I noticed I have made the cuffs? sleeve? (the part that goes on the leg) different lengths! They differ 1 cm. And now Im not sure if I should make new one. The kid is 3 years old, so he can use them this season and after that they are too small…
But they look good if you dont know :wink:

5 Likes

They look great! And the kiddo won’t care.

1 Like