Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2022/23

Are we going to get a new Book Club and new HeadMistress challenges? I understand if baby Mistress is occupying our HeadMistress, but I thought I could ask. Sometimes times just runs by and one misses that its a new month. :slight_smile:

ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: Venetian medieval garb
House: Ravenclaw
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques used, materials using, plan of action, expected timeline, etc.)
[/quote] making more garb. I really don’t go to enough events to justify all these outfits. But I enjoy making them, and everyone should have a complete medieval outfit, right?

Using a bodice pattern that I drafted by getting help to pin fabric to me. Bodice will be heavily boned. Thrifted curtain for the main fabric of the dress. Plus lots of bits and pieces from stash. As always there be a lot of hand sewing, because I don’t like to have any machine stitching show on the outside of medieval clothing. Inspired by the painting below, but with fancier sleeves. Because I love a fancy sleeve.

Full disclose, I have already started this, but it languished for a really long time, maybe having it as an advanced studies will help me get it done.

5 Likes

Do I spy a pleated petticoat?

Your proposal has been added to the project log! Happy creating!

Cartridge pleated I think, that would be standard construction for those skirts

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: DADA
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Knit Bear
Brief Description: Using 2 pointy stakes, uh, I mean knitting needles (size 8’s) I worked up this new friend:
Project Picture:

9 Likes

He’s seriously cute!

1 Like

Thank you!

Edit to add:
Advanced Studies Friday:
Have actually chosen a plan and yarn for the countdown calendar and begun the work. I barely recognize myself, and then I remember I’m supposed to be knitting socks and go, “Ahhh, there it is.” Haha

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: House Unity
Project Name & Page Link: Lined Gryffindor Entrelac Blanket
Brief Description: This Gryff-inspired blanket is a gift to young Ada. Sent with official Owl Post note and a “pen pal” letter from my 4 year old.
Project Picture:

8 Likes

It is so amazing!!

1 Like

@Abbeeroad, I just realized my original proposal is specifically for a garland of stockings, and in true AntBee form I have been all over the map and am now settling more on a countdown wall hanging. Do I need to re-propose a new design, or will the fact that it’s a “Countdown Calendar” suffice regardless of style?

1 Like

No need to re-propose! I just have “Christmas Countdown Garland” listed, which sounds like it still fits! Ideas grow and adapt as we work through them…it’s all good!

1 Like

Advance Studies Friday:

Frog City. :frog: :cityscape:

End of report.

1 Like

I’m sorry luv.

Thanks, it’s ok. One of the hazards of making things up as you go along.
#YarnRebel

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Detention: WIP
Project Name & Page Link: Husband’s Christmas Socks
Brief Description: Started last year for a fun seasonal knit these bad boys are ready to Rock around the Christmas Tree this year.
Project Picture:

8 Likes

These are brilliant, I love them

1 Like

Thanks!

Wonderful :blush:

1 Like

Thanks!