Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2022/23

Your proposal has been added to the project log! Happy creating!

Cartridge pleated I think, that would be standard construction for those skirts

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: DADA
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Knit Bear
Brief Description: Using 2 pointy stakes, uh, I mean knitting needles (size 8’s) I worked up this new friend:
Project Picture:

9 Likes

He’s seriously cute!

1 Like

Thank you!

Edit to add:
Advanced Studies Friday:
Have actually chosen a plan and yarn for the countdown calendar and begun the work. I barely recognize myself, and then I remember I’m supposed to be knitting socks and go, “Ahhh, there it is.” Haha

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: House Unity
Project Name & Page Link: Lined Gryffindor Entrelac Blanket
Brief Description: This Gryff-inspired blanket is a gift to young Ada. Sent with official Owl Post note and a “pen pal” letter from my 4 year old.
Project Picture:

8 Likes

It is so amazing!!

1 Like

@Abbeeroad, I just realized my original proposal is specifically for a garland of stockings, and in true AntBee form I have been all over the map and am now settling more on a countdown wall hanging. Do I need to re-propose a new design, or will the fact that it’s a “Countdown Calendar” suffice regardless of style?

1 Like

No need to re-propose! I just have “Christmas Countdown Garland” listed, which sounds like it still fits! Ideas grow and adapt as we work through them…it’s all good!

1 Like

Advance Studies Friday:

Frog City. :frog: :cityscape:

End of report.

1 Like

I’m sorry luv.

Thanks, it’s ok. One of the hazards of making things up as you go along.
#YarnRebel

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Detention: WIP
Project Name & Page Link: Husband’s Christmas Socks
Brief Description: Started last year for a fun seasonal knit these bad boys are ready to Rock around the Christmas Tree this year.
Project Picture:

8 Likes

These are brilliant, I love them

1 Like

Thanks!

Wonderful :blush:

1 Like

Thanks!

Hello friends! I promise I haven’t gotten lost while visiting Albania. Or been taken by Death Eaters. For those of you who don’t know, in October my husband & I decided to move. When we contacted a realtor in our neighborhood though, she advised us to get the house on the market by Thanksgiving, rather than wait till spring. That meant we had just 4 weeks to repair, declutter, pack, clean, and stage our home. It also meant I had to pack up my entire studio. :sob:

But there has been some crafting & creativity anyway. Here’s some of it…

Class or Challenge Title: Apparition
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Mantle Christmas Decorating
Brief Description: The realtor advised us to repaint the portions of the room that were light gold, to match the cream walls, and to stage the house for the holidays, in simple, neutral colors. We took the opportunity to ditch our very old falling-apart couch & rug, and got a new Lovesac couch in taupe (it can be taken apart & changed around to create new shapes!) and Ruggable rug in deep teal, rust, and brown. Here’s the new living room as reference.
Project Picture:

And here’s the mantle and & entryway decor. I tried to keep it seasonal and festive, but stay soft and neutral. Much of it has wire string lights inside to glow at night. (I was so excited to find the stockings, including one in teal velvet, at Homegoods!)

Here’s a pic from last night, with the lights on.

I also did our entryway table. DH hung the cared flower mandala for me, and I filled the lantern with more wire lights and cinnamon scented pinecones. Most of the little trees are from Target & Homegoods.

Class or Challenge Title: Arithmancy
Project Name & Page Link: Studio to Teen Bedroom
Brief Description: It broke my heart to pack up my studio, but we knew the shelving & desks we installed wouldn’t appeal to most buyers. So it all came out. Jim repaired the walls, and I built a fake bed! It includes 12 small moving boxes, a queen air mattress, lots of towels and blankets to fill the dip in the air mattress, and then some bedding. I tend to think of it as my Abbeeroad room. The quilt came from Tuesday Morning, and the kantha throw and matching pillows were from Darn Good Yarn.
I’ve wanted them for ages, and used up the Karma points that I’ve been saving all year to get them for $50 off! All the bedding will become the foundation of a future guest room.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Astronomy
Project Name & Page Link: Christmas Tree & General Decorating
Brief Description: My Christmas tree is missing the million handmade ornaments from all of you crafty HP friends, but it still shines. I used some icicles from my stash, and picked up some mercury glass, and deep teal glass ornaments for a few bucks on sale, and grabbed the salmon ones from a neighbor who was giving them away. The tree skirt is from Bargain Hunt, where it was clearanced for just a few bucks, from Target because it had a small stain that I was able to get out. I used more of my own decor in various spots around the house, like my glass trees in the kitchen.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Charms
Project Name & Page Link: Repainting Porch Table
Brief Description: This table had a purple top with a gold mandala pattern on it. But the paint had faded to a gross brown, so I repainted it to match the navy blue cushions on the love seat out there. It now has a pot full of pansies on it. (See below for more of the porch transformation.) I also re-highlighted the legs and edge with some antique gold Rub n’ Buff.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: CoMC
Project Name & Page Link: Office to College Guy Bedroom
Brief Description: I wish I had a before image of Jim’s office. It’s just 10x10, and was pretty cramped with a large armchair in there. His desk setup was more than twice as wide, and took up a whole wall. After some destashing and packing, we got it down to a managable size, and I created another fake bed. This one is made of 8 bed risers, 6 collapsed cardboard boxes, a ton of packing tape, and a twin air mattress, covered in queen sheets and bedding.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: DADA
SPEW or LC Contest: Halloween Costume Challenge 2022
Project Name & Page Link: Godzilla Bebe Costume
Brief Description: I posted Ada’s Halloween costume in the Challenge entries, but forgot to share it here! Rawr! :t_rex:
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Flying
Project Name & Page Link: Floral Arrangements
Brief Description: The photographer came yesterday to get pictures and video to do a 3-D walkthrough of the house. I decluttered so much that a few spots looked empty, so I created 2 floral arrangements. One for my bedside table, and one for the dining table.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Herbology
Project Name & Page Link: Back Porch Revival
Brief Description: I normally fill the pots on the porch every spring, but as I was busy having Ada that never happened this year. Now that it’s November, I was upset that the porch wouldn’t look like a happy outdoor oasis. But my mom and her green thumb came to the rescue. We filled the pots with winter hardy pansies in a riot of colors (purple, maroon, gold, white, and deep pink), and rosemary. Then added some new throw pillows and a new rug in similar colors, and cleaned the glass hanging ornaments so they shine like new. We found the blue glass water bulbs in my stash, and mopped up the pollen.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Muggle Studies
Project Name & Page Link: Apple Bread
Brief Description: One of the last messy things I made in the kitchen before packing up most of what’s normally in there. I had a few bruised apples and so I made a double batch of this apple bread, with a crumble topping, and stashed one in the freezer.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Stash
Project Name & Page Link: Re-Guilding Windchimes
Brief Description: While I had the gold Rub n’ Buff out to fix the repainted table, I decided to use up the last of it to give the wind chimes and crystal chandelier some love. Here’s a before and after of the grody old moon wind chimes.
Project Picture:

And the formerly silver chandelier which is now gold.

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - November
Project Name & Page Link: Front Yard Decorating
Brief Description: Like the back porch, I hadn’t filled the pots on the front steps in March like I usually do. The pots were also badly cracked and wouldn’t have survived another winter. So I replaced them, and mom and I went nuts cleaning up the front yard and refilling them. The porch has wine red & white pansies and boxwoods, and I found a matching boxwood wreath at Tuesday Morning.
More pansies on the steps and in the mailbox planter. There’s a pot of rosemary behind the mailbox. We replaced the mailbox numbers, raked & bagged 18 bags of leaves in the front yard, trimmed the shrubs and trees, remulched, and finally I added some disk lights along the walkway and beds for some added curb appeal.
Project Picture:

I’m sure there’s other stuff I’ve done this month, but that’s all I can remember right now. And since the photographs have been taken, and the house doesn’t officially go up for sale till Friday (it will be listed tomorrow & Thursday as “Coming Soon”), I’m taking the rest of the day off! I’m just going to watch some Netflix, drink lots of tea, and play with Ada.

7 Likes

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

2 Likes

Wow Jennie, you have done an amazing job on the house. So much work and with a baby on hand. You are a superwoman. I hope the house sells really fast x

3 Likes