Harry Potter Holiday Swap Gallery

:sparkles: :heart: :yellow_heart: :green_heart: :blue_heart: :steam_locomotive: :owl: :crystal_ball: :european_castle: :alembic: :dragon: :mage: :blue_heart: :green_heart: :yellow_heart: :heart: :sparkles:

Partners
:star: MistressJennie --> MissingWillow :gift:

:star: PrincessP --> Abbeeroad :gift:
:star: PrincessP --> Teachergirl :gift:

:star: jillybeans --> MissingWillow :gift:
:star: jillybeans --> plaidpineapple :gift:
:star: jillybeans --> Abbeeroad :gift:

:star: Abbeeroad --> PrincessP :gift:
:star: Abbeeroad --> jillybeans :gift:

:star: beholder_folklore --> Teachergirl :gift:

:star: Inselaeffchen --> imera :gift:

:star: MissingWillow --> MistressJennie :gift:
:star: MissingWillow --> jillybeans :gift:
:star: MissingWillow --> plaidpineapple :gift:

:star: plaidpineapple --> jillybeans :gift:
:star: plaidpineapple --> MissingWillow :gift:
:star: plaidpineapple --> jenleahlynn :gift:

:no_entry_sign: Teachergirl (est send 11/25) --> PrincessP
:no_entry_sign: Teachergirl (est send 11/25) --> beholder_folklore

:star: Jeanleahlynn --> plaidpineapple :gift:

:star: imera --> Inseleffchen :gift:

:angel: :star: Whistlefish --> beholder_folklore :gift:

:angel: :star: AIMR (sent 12/7) --> PrincessP

:star: BOLD = Sent
:gift: Italics = Received
:turtle: = Sending Late w/Communication
:question: = Sending Status Unknown
:no_entry_sign: = Negative
:angel: = Swap Angel

3 Likes

I was partnered with our dear swap organizing MistressJennie and received a giant box from her yesterday (giant, I tell ya!). I do this swap every year on behalf of our daughter who was 9 years old when the first HP book was published. She truly grew up with Harry. She is newly engaged and they just bought their first home so this is the first year sheโ€™ll have a tree to hang the ornaments sheโ€™s been collecting over the years on. Jennie sent a treasure trove!
She sent a set of crocheted house color Christmas balls plus a multicolor Hogwarts United one. I could see Molly Weasley working on a set or two of these.
Colorful bags of holdingโ€ฆ
Have the most wonderful ornaments inside! Triwizard cup, wand, glasses, diadem and time turner. They are truly fabulous!
If that wasnโ€™t enough (and it was more than enough!) she included a tin for altering, a set of the best scented witchy crystal soaps and an embroidered Lettuce Craft patch. The tin and patch are mineโ€ฆ sheโ€™s going to love the rest, thank you again MistressJennie!

9 Likes

Wow! Thatโ€™s an unbelievably large package :smiley: Those little colourful bags of holding ornaments are fabulous :smiley: And so are the crochet baubles, what a great idea! Nice work @MistressJennie

3 Likes

Those are beautiful ornaments! Definitely some happy mail.

1 Like

LOL. Because of the size & shape of the crocheted baubles, I had to use a medium USPS Flat Rate Box. It was the only one I could find that would fit. But it was too big, and since I like getting my moneyโ€™s worth on shipping, I kept filling the box. Then I felt bad because I knew everything was going to MWโ€™s daughter, and I wanted to include something for her too, since she was crafting for me.

1 Like

Meanwhile, I received the most beautiful little ornament from @MissingWillow! A Hogwarts trunk full of school supplies, like copies of Advanced Potion Making, The Tales of Beadle the Bard, and Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them; a wand, a crystal ball, a quill, as well as useful items like the Marauderโ€™s Map, a Gryffindor plate, treats from Honeydukes, a bit of owl post, and a chocolate frog!

Can you handle the cuteness?!?!

9 Likes

So beautiful!! I love the idea of creating an open trunk. Such delicate details, every time I look at it I see more. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I tried to figure out an easy way to hang an open trunk with a lid attached then decided it would have the same effect (and be much easier) to make it this way. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This is unreal! I love it :heart_eyes_cat:
Nice work @MissingWillow :clap:t2::clap:t2:

2 Likes

I received 2 packages already! Man, I really need to get mine done! Lol!

First up from @Abbeeroad, this super adorable mandrake ornament!

So so cute!!! <3

And from @MissingWillow, this amazing little trunk ornament! I just love the miniatures in there! So many little things. My favorites is the tiny jar of candy and little quill. It is just amazing!

Thank you so much, ladies!

9 Likes

That mandrake is so precious!!!

Those trunk ornaments are still so jaw droppingly cool.

2 Likes

Ooooh that mandrake is the cutest!! @Abbeeroad :seedling: :seedling:
And another brilliant trunk @MissingWillow :hugs:

That mandrake is fabulous! The little quill is a feather from one of our chickens. :chicken:

3 Likes

Love that trunk! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

so much cuteness in this gallery! Iโ€™m going to look for a pattern for those crochet bobbles!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I received my ornament from @Abbeeroad today :grinning:

I love him!! Mandrakes are one of my favourite magical creatures. I love how he is a little weighted. He is so beautifully made, thank you @Abbeeroad :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

And crown, because :tipping_hand_woman:t2::princess:t2:

Iโ€™m so excited for my first HP tree this year :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

I received from BOTH my partners today!! Magical!

From @PrincessP, TWO awesome embroidered felt ornaments - Hermione and McGonagall.

I feel like some of the details got lost in my photo. They are so cute in real life. I canโ€™t wait to put them on our tree.

And from @jillybeans, the tiniest Gryffindor banner EVER!

Seriously awesome - Iโ€™m in awe of all those teeny stitches!

Thank you so much for these wonderful ornaments, ladies!! :heart: :yellow_heart:

10 Likes

Sooooo cute @jillybeans! What a clever idea :grinning::grinning:

Those are adorable!!!

@PrincessP, did you use an embroidery file for the Hermione & McGonagall ornaments? Or did you free-motion them?

2 Likes

An embroidery file, from C5 embroidery patterns. You need to join her FB group to see the patterns before purchasing on etsy - as thereโ€™s a lot of licensed stuffโ€ฆ I spent soooo much money :flushed: :see_no_evil:

3 Likes