"Home" Blueprint Embroidery

I made this as part of the January theme for the 2020 Stitch Along. Here’s a pic of it framed hanging up in my living room:

And some progress pics. I enlisted my husband (Mr. Road) to help me measure all the interior walls in our house and sketch up an accurate rendering in Draft Sight. I transferred his sketch to fabric…

…and started stitching.

Here’s a pic before it was framed. I used an outline stitch for the outer walls. Everything else is just back stitch.

I debated adding a title or names of family members, but I decided I wanted the freedom to change rooms, etc. I may add a scale or some other details in the future, but I’m calling it finished for now. :wink:

33 Likes

I love this idea! What’s the square on the bottom left corner with all the little stitches? Is that outdoors?

1 Like

Yes! That the concrete landing pad Mr. Road put in right in front of our porch stairs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love this idea!

1 Like

I like your take on a ‘home sweet home’ sort of embroidery!

3 Likes

This is very clever!

1 Like

This is so cool, and I love how you actually measured things out! Accuracy is A+

1 Like

Hilariously, Mr. Road drew the rough outline for us to put the measurements on, and I said I could just use that. Mr. Road was having none of it. Here’s our in-process measuring…

:laughing:

3 Likes

LOL he would.

1 Like

I love this idea! Since I was a little girl,I have always loved looking at house plans! I may have to do one of my own. I even already have my 2nd story drawn out from when I replaced all the flooring!

2 Likes

Oh then you have to!!

Now my mind is going down that inspiration spiral and I’m thinking about embroidering something like those emergency maps in hotel rooms, but for the house!

3 Likes

I love this. So unique!

1 Like

Super neat! I love this idea :smiley: Also love when a spouse gets in on the action!!

1 Like

It’s so cool! The door on the left looks like a thumbs up, lol. That’s so fun :smile:

1 Like

So so neat! I love every thing about it!

1 Like

Awesome! I love how you framed it floating and with the frayed edge!!

1 Like

The raw edge display is incredibly appealing to me. Unique for sure. Well done!

:shamrock: :metal: :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

I love blueprints and embroidery! This turned out so cool. It would be fun to make one of these for friends who are new homeowners.

1 Like

This was such a cool idea!

1 Like