Homemade Greeting Card Gallery

I really love seeing the variety and individuality of each of these!

I must confess that I totally love the little frogs…

3 Likes

OMG! @endymion - Shades of Brunny!

4 Likes

Here are the cards I have received so far!

From @lynx a colorful landscape!

@Kwality570’s gelli print collage. Love the colors!

@endymion this makes me laugh. Love the ladies smirks. They remind me of Samantha from Bewitched. Where are you getting these images?

And this beautifully textured mixed media card from @AIMR

AIMR’s cat distracted her so my card has Art glued on both sides lol. Bonus!

13 Likes

Loving everyone’s cards! It’s cool to get bonus back-side art!

I bought a few 1950’s/60’s knitting magazines for a quarter apiece at a garage sale. Some hysterical images in there! All the ones in the cards are from the ads.

The exception is the “fiber optics” card, which was a 1980’s (?) paper ad.

6 Likes

Hey! I just received a super-cool Lino cut card from @saranethx !

I’d been admiring these cards in the gallery, and was so excited to receive one. The card is a luxurious, thick paper. Inside, details about changing seasons in Alaska. Thank you so much, @saranethx, I’ll treasure it!

10 Likes

I received this beautiful card from @saranethx!

It’s called “leaf duo”! I love how the leaves are in fall colors! Thank you!

10 Likes

Gorgeous!

2 Likes

I am blown away when I see the cards I received all together! So much talent and variety!

I first received from @Lynx … a wonderful landscape card. I noticed that while the other cards she made look similar, each one is a bit different.

Then, my mailbox exploded and I got the next three all in one day!

From the clever and whacky imagination of @endymion , this fabulous vintage sewing supplies card! I absolutely love it! It looks 3-D…I had to touch the tape measure more than once!

From @curiousfae , who caught on that I sort of like cacti… :grin: , this fabulous watercolor! Some really cute stickers were snuck into the envelope as well.

Of course, frogs are right up on my list of “loves”. @GeekyBookworm sent me this cute frog in frog disguise! ha ha

Yesterday, I received a lovely lino cut printed card from @saranethx that was Halloween and black cat!

Thanks, everyone! I have them displayed in my library room with so many things I love!

12 Likes

This gallery is phenomenal! I’ve tried averting my eyes when people post cards from those who are sending to me as well (to try and preserve some sense of surprise), but had to give in. I’m loving all the different themes and techniques everyone has used!

5 Likes

I received an oh-so-Canadian card from @LindyBlues plus some fun stickers!

I love it - and I’m particularity glad she chose a loon as our avian representation and not a Canada goose (those things are mean!).

:maple_leaf: :heart::canada:

8 Likes

That is an awesome card! Are those hockey sticks? All the Canada Geese seem to be down here now…since they are a protected species, we have to be careful not to run them down when they cross the roads. We have a lot of retention ponds and lakes near us so we see them a lot.

How fun, @LindyBlues !

2 Likes

I received from @Kwality570 and I absolutely love the colors you picked for me. Thanks for the extra stickers, too.

9 Likes

Wow, I love the watercolor cactus. And that costumed frog is such a cutie! The Canada one is fun. And the black ink makes the linocut especially Halloweenish. The gelli may be my favorite yet! Such cool cards!

2 Likes

Oooops! Just realized I put the picture & info for @LovelyMiss’s card in the wrong spot! It belongs here in this thread. She sent me the most amazing card and bunches of extras.

The card is uber cool! A riotous collage, with stitching at the edges. And all those extras totally spoiled me!

Thanks SO much!!!

9 Likes

I’m just now catching up on all the gorgeous cards that have been sent, so forgive the giant post :heart:

@Lynx I enjoyed getting that design for the ATC you sent me, and I looked up the inspiration your mentioned. I had seen that image before but have forgotten about it. It looks like you had a lot of fun drawing it :slight_smile: I love how you’re teaching your students about ATCs, too!

@curiousfae I love your watercolours, and the borders just add such a nice touch, too. I especially like the doughnut with the coloured paper as part of the background.

@geekybookworm, your frogs are so cute :heart: I love their eyes, especially. The joke about the frogs was really funny, too. And the frog in a frog disguise is awesome, lol!

@endymion The fiber optics card made me laugh! I love the wittiness of it, as well as the typed letters. I also really love the vintage ads cards! They’re so fun!

@saranethx I love your cards. Working in mirror images, backwards, and/or in negative spaces has eluded me and my brain just can’t get around it, so I’m amazed at the beautifully cut images you’ve created. “Twice as mice” made me chuckle, lol

@Kwality570, I love the colours on your cards; they’re just gorgeous. The gold and the blue goes so well together. I really love the one with the red/yellow as well, and the blue/purple… all of these are just gorgeous.

@AIMR, I always love all your mixed media. They’re really inspirational to me as I am leaning more and more towards mixed media as my “go-to” choice. Also, I think it’s really neat that your cat distracted you, so you glued art on both sides… and one of the sides has a cat on it :smile_cat:

@wittychild So glad you liked your card! I had so much fun making it, and I was really excited to have another Canadian on my list to send it to! And agreed on the Canada geese… I also just find loons cool because there’s a bit of a sense of mystery to them. You rarely see them for more than a few seconds around here before they’re off diving again.

@AIMR, one is a hockey stick to represent our winter sport, and the other is a lacross stick to represent our summer sport. I follow neither :joy:

Wow; @LovelyMiss, that’s an absolutely gorgeous card! I The stitched edges are a really nice detail, too!

4 Likes

@LovelyMiss That card is just so interesting and colorful!

2 Likes

I received 2 cards today! I’m having a blah day, so it was really nice to find something in the mailbox :slight_smile:

From @wittychild , a Good Vibes card:

I love the shape of the letters and the colour choices. And I really like the stamp on the back (it’s a stamp, right?)

And from @Lynx, a wave with an original poem inside:

I like the use of the white space to frame the wave in the middle, and how the different shapes come together.

Thank you both!

10 Likes

Actually, Good Vibes was me! :grin:

(And yes, it’s a stamp.)

3 Likes

Oops!!!

I’m distracted today… I’ve fixed it; my apologies!

1 Like

No worries, it happens!

1 Like