Inchie Dice swap idea

Iā€™m very interested and even bought some 1ā€ wood blocks at Michaelā€™sā€¦ but not sure Iā€™ll be able to join. Just depends on where Iā€™m at with some other swaps Iā€™m doing right now. Regardless, Iā€™ll be watching the gallery!

3 Likes

I think Iā€™ll start sign ups in a week or so. Several of us are in a couple of swaps and it would be good to space it out a bit.

Would people want more than one partner? We can set it up where itā€™s just 1 partner each or give a choice of 1, 2, or possibly 3 partners? Thoughts?

3 Likes

This sounds good to me timing wise, or even the start of February.

Iā€™d consider 2 partners, but 3 might be pushing it for me.

3 Likes

Multiple partners would be cool.

2 Likes

closer to February sounds perfect.

Tune back in a couple of weeks from now!

4 Likes

This one sounds fun AND original. Depending on what other swap committments I have when it closes for signups, I am a strong possibility for joining. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I seem to recall seeing these in a little bag on the wall at Michaels. Iā€™m going to go this week/weekend and scope it out to report back!!

FWIW, I havenā€™t checked out the shipping yet, but this seems to be the same company (Woodpeckerscrafts), but not from the 'Zon. Unfinished blocks

HA! I JUST ORDERED 25 OF THEM (with shipping, the total was $16), SO EVEN IF THIS DOESNā€™T HAPPEN, HIT ME UP TO SWAP!!

3 Likes

Woo hoo, Iā€™m looking forward to this.
Iā€™ve been playing around with blocks already

2 Likes

Swap has been posted!

@Renstar @JoyfulClover @gozer @curiousfae @Kwality570 @endymion @Cyn-energy @Smmarrt

5 Likes

Yahoo! This is going to be fun. Filling it out nowā€¦.

3 Likes

Anyone interested in another round of Inchie Dice?

Thinking of starting signups in a couple of weeks.

2 Likes

Yes! I would love to!

1 Like

OMG, you have read my mind.

I still have a ton of blocks from last year and have been starting making some inchies (3 hour meetings are not conducive to me concentrating).

I even managed to spill a load of glue over my home desk yesterday because I wasnā€™t concentrating on anything but the making. Inspired by our very own @geekgirl

Although, UK postage to overseas (or anywhere tbh) is a bit bawked still.

1 Like

ohhhhh I bought these blocks last year intending to do this. I might be interestedā€¦ I need to ponder more on it, but it seems accessible to me!

3 Likes

I have some extra blocks from last year! Iā€™d play along if the timing is right.

At first I didnā€™t think this would be my jam because I am not very good at paper crafting, but I could make little textile inchies and Mod Podge them on to cubes. That is an exciting possibility!

3 Likes

I read what yā€™all did last year. I think i would enjoy this. I will have a couple of swaps wrapped up soon, so Iā€™ll be able to do this I think, so Iā€™m very interested.

1 Like

I was looking on Amazon for dice and i have a couple of questionsā€¦

1. What size are they suppose to be?
  2. Do they have to be wood? (I saw different colors so was just wondering.)

Iā€™m trying to plan ahead for my swaps so I have stuff i need to complete them. :grinning:

The first couple of posts have some links but they should be 1.25ā€ cubes so there is room on each face for an inchie.

The cubes are usually sold unfinished. I had to sand a couple of rough spots down. Generally people painted them to match the inches they made.

Iā€™m going to say yes they need to be wood so we are all swapping equivalent items.

2 Likes

Swap has been posted!