Inchie Dice swap idea

Who would be interested in a swap for inchie dice?

This would be for 2 dice. a total of 12 inchies.
the wooden cubes would be painted and the inchies glued on the dice.

I got my wooden cubes on amazon. but I bought a bag of 25.

@Renstar where did you get your cubes?

4 Likes

I followed your lead and got them on Amazon too. I had to be careful to check the sizes because they had smaller and bigger ones

Kurtzy Small Wooden Cubes (30 Pack) - 3 x 3 x 3cm (1.18 x 1.18 x 1.18 inch) Wood Cubes - Natural Unfinished Pine Wood Blocks - Educational Craft Cubes for DIY, Stamps, Art & Crafts, Puzzles, Numbers https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01BSQ75HA/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_ZYK408Q49AQENG35C1XV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Mine have been sat on my desk every day and I twiddle then around for what I feel on each day. I think some friends would appreciate these too.

1 Like

linking is a good idea. here is the link to where I got mine.

I made another set. was going to send it in a swap on swap-bot then decided to keep them lol

1 Like

Love this idea. I’m sure I can scrounge some blocks here at the preschool. I feel certain that I’ve purchased them before.

Since I saw your original post, I’ve been playing around with the idea of prompt dice - I think it was a Creative Jumpstart lesson from a few years ago. Or Wanderlust. Or one of the other million art classes I have watched…

Anyway, yes to a swap!

4 Likes

There’s at least the 3 of us which is good enough I think and who knows maybe someone else will want to join in. Any thoughts on time line for signups and sendouts?

2 Likes

I love how original this idea is! I would join!!!

2 Likes

Same. Id love a tarot theme set so I may have to do that regardless. Lol. And an art prompt set is ingenious!

3 Likes

Oh my goodness, you are thinking more fun than I am. I was thinking of cleaning. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: What part of my house will I focus on today? LOL! I need something to motivate that.
Or random kindness, call a friend and say hello, bake cookies for my neighbor, send a card, that sort of thing. But Art prompts would be amazing!

2 Likes

Tarot would be so fun!

1 Like

Awesome.

I’m ready when everyone else is! I’d like a couple of weeks crafting time to allow me to procrastinate a bit before completion as is standard with me!!

Although that said, I bought some new paint colours and have started painting some of the blocks during a very long, dull meeting today. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I’m definitely interested but am not sure if I would sign up or not. I’ve got a lot of life happening right now, and I tend to prefer to commit to 1-2 swaps at a time. I’m in the Box of Color and the Fill an Envelope swap currently. I’ll be keeping my eye on this either way, though! This idea and all the possibilities for inchie dice are amazing.

4 Likes

I’m very interested and even bought some 1” wood blocks at Michael’s… but not sure I’ll be able to join. Just depends on where I’m at with some other swaps I’m doing right now. Regardless, I’ll be watching the gallery!

3 Likes

I think I’ll start sign ups in a week or so. Several of us are in a couple of swaps and it would be good to space it out a bit.

Would people want more than one partner? We can set it up where it’s just 1 partner each or give a choice of 1, 2, or possibly 3 partners? Thoughts?

3 Likes

This sounds good to me timing wise, or even the start of February.

I’d consider 2 partners, but 3 might be pushing it for me.

3 Likes

Multiple partners would be cool.

2 Likes

closer to February sounds perfect.

Tune back in a couple of weeks from now!

4 Likes

This one sounds fun AND original. Depending on what other swap committments I have when it closes for signups, I am a strong possibility for joining. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I seem to recall seeing these in a little bag on the wall at Michaels. I’m going to go this week/weekend and scope it out to report back!!

FWIW, I haven’t checked out the shipping yet, but this seems to be the same company (Woodpeckerscrafts), but not from the 'Zon. Unfinished blocks

HA! I JUST ORDERED 25 OF THEM (with shipping, the total was $16), SO EVEN IF THIS DOESN’T HAPPEN, HIT ME UP TO SWAP!!

3 Likes

Woo hoo, I’m looking forward to this.
I’ve been playing around with blocks already

2 Likes

Swap has been posted!

@Renstar @JoyfulClover @gozer @curiousfae @Kwality570 @endymion @Cyn-energy @Smmarrt

5 Likes