Inktober 2023

It’s almost Inktober! Is anyone planning on doing something with the prompts this year?

I’m hoping to do at least some of them. We’ll see!

11 Likes

Ooo… thanks for posting the list! I always have intentions to do Inktober, so I’m a definite maybe. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve never participated but follow certain people on IG every October.

2 Likes

With all the talk about a possible zine swap, it gave me the idea to give out little zines based on the Inktober prompts, along with the Halloween-night candy. Don’t know if I can make it happen, but thought it might be fun to try.

5 Likes

Yeah! Thats a good idea! :smiley:

3 Likes

I think Inktober would make a great zine. :slight_smile: I have a list of zines I was thinking about as possibilities and Inktober was on it. :smiley:

3 Likes

So, working on my DREAM pen & ink drawing, but it’s not going as well as I’d hoped…
First sketch:

Second attempt:

It’s hard, because I’m trying to draw something I can turn into a block print, and I want to print it in white on black paper, which is throwing my drawing brain for a loop!

5 Likes

Day 2, SPIDER (blurred in case people want to skip viewing spiders!)

5 Likes

Jumping spiders sometimes wear water droplets as hats, but they’re always cute to me.

6 Likes

Very cool drawing!

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

So… I’m realizing I don’t want to share every day’s work. Since I’m making a zine out of it and planning to send to quite a few LC friends, I want there to be some surprises. But, here’s a sneak peek at “path”.
IMG_3338

I’m also thinking I really need to do two a day, to get it complete and mailed in time for everyone to get it by Halloween. Hmmm… We’ll see if I can make it happen.

@tendstowardschaos, I hope you share more of your own pen and ink creations! The pose of the spider was really good, because it was more realistic; not flat and symmetrical like mine.

5 Likes

I’ll share if the attempt wasn’t a complete disaster, lol. Drawing has never been my strong suit, but I’m making the effort because I’d like to be able to translate what I see onto paper in some form or another. I’m also not very traditionally creative - not good at the whole abstract thing. Still working on today’s prompt - it was a hectic day.

I like your spider! It reminds me of a sugar skull.

2 Likes

Oooh; thanks for reminding me! I wanted to do it and completely forgot. I’ll catch up on the first 3 days tomorrow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

‘Path’ and fun with texture!

6 Likes

Love the perspective AND the texture! Nice one!

1 Like

Thanks!

I think I might try to translate this texture into quilting for a project bag. A variegated thread on a solid fabric could be interesting.

2 Likes

Beautiful drawings, everyone!

I thought I’d try to have some fun with this :slight_smile:

Since I missed the first 3 days, I decided to combine them into 1. Blurred for a spider.

A road counts as a path, right?

I (badly) copied the woman running from an image I found online. For the spider I used a reference photo and changed the colour from yellow to green. The woman sleeping I made up. It should say “day 1” for her. I fixed it by hand after I uploaded the photo.

And here’s Dodge for October 4th. Perhaps I should finally watch that movie… Ben Stiller movies are usually great for when you need to laugh. Though this drawing is… not Stiller lol

5 Likes

‘Dodge’

My DH has to go to a big city for a few days this month for work (very out of the ordinary), and the extremely high crime rate in that part of the country has me on edge. So, that’s where my mind has been…

5 Likes

I love your catch-up drawing, @LindyBlues. Very clever way to combine all the prompts. That spider is awesome! And your “dodge” is super fun.

And what a unique take on “dodge”, @tendstowardschaos. I love it for its simplicity and graphic impact. Cool!

My “dodge” has to do with dodging the Grim Reaper.

5 Likes